1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 What Is This?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Ash34, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Which model is this bike? How can you tell if it's an 899, 1299 or otherwise?

[​IMG]

2. single side swing arm with marzocci forks and standard wheels would indicate a base 1199 or base 1299 but with upgraded ohlins rear shock.

3. Single-sided swing arm is the give away about it being the bigger bike, but I'd guess 1199 due to the Termi's, but I'm guessing they do probably fit on the 1299 too. You could always ask the owner what bike it is :upyeah:

4. I took that photo last summer when he turned-up at a race I was in and wiped the floor with everybody in qualifying before binning it and so couldn't he couldn't race.

I'm thinking of buying a more competitive bike for this season so need to know what I could be up against.

5. Although single sided swingarm basically bolts straight on to the smaller bike. I've seen 2 899's with a single sided swingarm so far....

Bigger giveaway is normally engine case colour, but this one has protective covers!

6. 1199 base model as I am sure the 1299 base has crows feet wheels, but if you really only the owner knows as everything is interchangeable between models

7. is that your 996 in the back ground ash ??

8. My money on an 1199 base bike bought to race, so may well have ohlins internals or similar front too. Probably 180+rwhp, so few more when compared to yours ;)

I'd be tempted to put an 1198 motor in yours, you'll get 170 hp and 95lb ft torque :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information