1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Is, Your Absolute, Favourite Reason, For Owning Your Ducati

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Noods, Feb 12, 2017.

1. What is your absolute, favourite reason for owning a DUCATI...?

Mines...

Apart from that grin factor I get every time I open the workshop door and see her, mines twofold, or perhaps that should be,
    Vtwin fold.. the fact that you can hide behind a dark visor and yet get admiring glances from just about anyone like your Steve McQueen or that midget of an actor from "Top gun " just because your riding the, most desired bike, I find that great.. ok they may well be somewhat disappointed once you take your lid off, but hey, it's a wonderful feeling..

Also, if Im out in my car and I see a Ducati coming my way, even though I own them myself and have seen thousands before I'm almost prepared to have an accident just to get a glimpse of it.. bit like when your in your car and you see some beauty in a miniskirt, again, your prepared to hit that car up the rear just to get a look at her.. strange really, because when your on your hols on a beach with topless totty everywhere, after a short while you barely glance at it, yet back home, the chance of a nice bit of leg and???

2. there just bad ass!! i love the sound they make and the way people look at them when there parked up.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Buy the right ones around 10 years old, they are as good for their own reasons as the new ones - but go up in value, cheap biking :D free even...

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. it's hard to say a favorite reason absolutely as it's a combination of reasons and the favorite one changes all the time. Sometimes its the look, sometimes the sound or the admiring looks or the fact chicks dig em...
    for me the biggest thing, a cheesy as it sounds, is the soul. Just never really got that from another brand.
    I like most things with an engine and get a buzz riding any bike but the duke takes it to another level for me

5. Because my wife hates it ... " Noisy muthafucker bike ".....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Always had bikes and loved them, but I adore my Ducati.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cos I can get on it, go for a ride and immediately forget all the "other shit".

• Like Like x 2
  8. I could have written those for myself word for word, apart from the disappointment when I take my lid off
    I absolutely love my multi, and if I could afford to change the standard exhaust to get the howl that my RSV in my avatar made then life would be perfect. That was my first V Twin. I suppose it's like the girl you lost your virginity to, you always look back on that with fond memories....just so happens I'm back with my 'first' :) now all I need is for someone to sell me a cheap exhaust system !

9. Sproker..." well, until I took my lid off" Is that because as Babybird once sang "Your gorgeous"

10. Obvs ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I like getting my hands dirty.

• Like Like x 1
  12. So I can come on the Ducati forum :)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yip :Finger:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. At full chat it lets me know it wants respect or I'm in the hedge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bah. I had a girlfriend like that. Made a very large mistake though and that was that :(

:Writing: ... shouldna married her

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sorry, Did you say? "So you can cum on the Ducati forum?"
    I say, sticky rubber and all that...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Every time I look at it or ride it, it's an occasion and feels special.

They're a thing of beauty but also match their looks in performance

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Hmmmmm....
    • They are still a bit left field and in the minority compared to Japanese sports bikes.
    • They just feel tight and hard compared to other marques.
    • Looks and brand.
    • They feel special in a way that I don't feel that I have to upgrade to the newest model every year. There is something cool about ageing Ducatis.
    • The uninitiated who hear a dry clutch and Desmodromic valve train think the bike "is f**ked" :)
    • Residual value and appreciation if you buy them right.
    • Simple and usually single colour schemes. (Not a fan of graphics)
    • The peeps on this forum (mostly ;))

• Like Like x 4
  19. The hooligan grin factor !!

20. The visceral feeling I get from rididng a large aircooled v twin, applies to Guzzis as well. Not done enough miles on any of the watercooled engines to say if they scratch my itch too.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information