1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Is, Your Absolute, Favourite Reason, For Owning Your Ducati

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Noods, Feb 12, 2017.

1. The sound of that engine and the airbox roar when you open the throttle. It's got lots of foibles and it really annoys me sometimes, especially at slower speeds. But there's something special about it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. The Italian style, sound and ease of maintenance.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yup Weather was freezing, sleeting .....

5. I think also because in my opinion anyway, this is my own little affordable Ferrari, want as I might I will never own the 4 wheel version, unless I put stabilisers on my Cati I guess...

6. Forget the Ferrari/fast car thing as having owned both, I can tell you nothing comes close to owing a Ducati. I've still got my GT3, but it just feels so boring now. The sheer sense of excitement my bike gives me is in a different league....plus it scares me to death and I love it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. I've always found myself underwhelmed with 'super cars'

They just aren't bikes are they. Especially performance wise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Good words.. like muchlyx

9. Super cars do have some advantages though, it's difficult getting your leg over on a Ducati ( that's leg over as in 2 people getting it muchly friendly ) mind you having said that there's prob a few on here who have tried...

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. I once owned a Honda VFR800FI. One of the best allrounders at the time. Went on tours, went on track, it performed well. But when I rode or parked somewhere, nobody cared. When I started it in the morning to go on a ride, I didn't care. I loved going for a ride, but I didn't care about the bike, I would have had the same feelings with a CBR or Bandit.

I now do the same things with my ST2, which also performs well. Difference is, I care. When I just open the garage door, I smile. I am excited when I get it out of the garage for a wash, just to turn it on and rev it a couple of times. The sound it makes :hearteyes: I get people giving the thumbs up at stop lights. It just has "something" that my previous bikes didn't have. And it's red :smile:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I too was never all that bothered about supercars. I've had Honda's, Suzuki's, Aprilia's, ... but always a Ducati; the pinnacle of motorbike sport, style and technology.

I think VAG are eroding that heritage with the drive to increase their markets, but that's business.

12. I fully agree with you on VAG mte.. I can honestly say apart from the pannigale perhaps there's not one of the VAG era bikes that I would buy, they just look like plastics on steroids to me, so we had better look after all those classics yes?

13. The sheer "great-swinging-lumps-of-metal"-ness to it. You fire it up and you can feel (and hear) the pistons slugging about. Then you wind it up and it all just comes together.

14. Aviacompositi developed carbon fibre tail units for the Italian Hypermotard Club - looks like the tail fitted to Comfy's.

15. When I have ridden this it makes me 50 years younger. P1010046.JPG

• Like Like x 10
  16. Each year I have an excess of cash by the tune of hundreds of pounds. Owning a few Ducati's, allows me to use this excess on their upkeep.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. started the 996 today to change oil. The sound, its the sound.

18. I even got the t shirt.... Really... I did! IMG_20160906_104352.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

19. it's defo not where they have hid the oil filter!

20. I'm not particularly brand loyal, but as an all things to all men bike, multi quite hard to beat, and has loads of character, hence my third one, however, if another company bought out a better all rounder, I'd still look elsewhere, but so far, 3rd multi and still love em :grinning:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information