1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Size Leathers

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Scott21, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Hi all going out tomorrow to try some leathers on.

I'm used to wearing textiles so haven't got a clue what size I'll be needing.

Could anyone guide me in the right direction.

40inch waist
    6ft1
    48-50inch chest

Cheers people

2. I'd say something with a 50 inch chest,40 inch waist would probably be there or thereabouts.
    Sizing is random,get a suit out you like the look of ,if you look like Ros from Friends in leather jeans get a larger one out, if the wind catches you and blows you away,go next one down. Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Get a tight fit, they'll stretch as they wear in!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scott, you really need to try them on and I would advise getting them slightly tight and slightly short on the leg then using Gliptone or similar to treat them and allow some stretch. Going to somewhere where they have a number of brands in stock is the best way to do this as each manufacturer has slightly different sizing. Have to say I hate new leathers and they can take a couple of years to bed in properly. Below they advise getting them loose. If you have them loose they will get looser and flap.

My guess for you is EU 60 or 62, if you get a two piece set then you will be able to get a better fit for you waist size which is bigger than a normal 60. If you buy second hand try some on in a dealer first, at least that will minimize the risk a bit.

This is from one of the websites (MML) and it is quite useful as a guide

I wish you luck as buying a well fitted set of leathers and not spending a fortune or getting a bespoke set is a real art unless you are very lucky

Men's Motorbike Leathers Sizing Guide
    Measuring for One Piece Leathers and Leather Motorbike Jackets:

While holding a deep breath, measure around your chest with the measuring tape under your arm pits. The tape should be parallel with the floor and NOT pulled tightly.

Now add four inches to your chest size and this should give you a nice fitting with room for a couple of layers of clothing underneath. If you plan not to wear clothes underneath simply add just two inches to your original chest size you measured.

Most one piece leathers are sized by the chest so the above goes for both one piece leathers and jackets.

Measuring for Leather Motorbike Trousers:

The best place to measure your waist is where you would normally sit your trousers as everyone is different. It's a good idea to measure your waist with your underwear on as I suspect you wouldn't go commando too often.

Now add two inches to your waist size for the greatest chance of the best fit.

With leg length, most leather trousers are simply short leg, and normal leg. For the taller rider the normal leg is quite accommodating, it should be fine for anyone up to around 6"4.

Measuring for a larger stomach/belly

If you feel your belly may be an issue have a look at this sizing guide.

Euro Size
    46 48 50 52 54 56 58 60 62 64
    Max Chest Size (inches)
    36 38 40 42 44 46 48 50 52 54
    Max Belly Size (inches)
    32 34 36 38 40 42 44 46 48 50

Size Conversion Tables

Motorbike One Piece and Jacket

UK/USA Size
    38 40 42 44 46 48 50 52
    Euro Size
    48 50 52 54 56 58 60 62
    XS S M L XL XXL XXXL XXXXL

Motorbike Trousers

UK/USA Size
    28 30 32 34 36 38 40 42
    Euro Size
    38 40 42 44 46 48 50 52
    Letter Size
    XS S M L XL XXL XXXL XXXXL

#4 Denzil the Ducati, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for all the info people. Now I know its mostly down to chest size I've got an idea!

Hopefully RST will do

6. Size FK = Fat Knacker :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. X2 on this!!

8. 3xl or 60/62. No chance with dianese whatever size, Frant Thomas, RST they those :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information