1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What To Do With My 900ss

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by ck_uk, Mar 3, 2017.

1. I looked at my records to guesstimate how long I spent working on mine and if I had been on it every day of the week for say 12 hours a day, it would have taken at least 60 days. The cost of materials on mine would have been much higher, but I traded my design work time for lowering the cost of some items, some which were free.

There are some things on your that wouldn't have to be acquired, like swingarm and front forks which I changed on mine, plus I messed about with wheels, brake discs and many other parts.

Therefore the £750 cost of parts and materials was an arbitrary figure, which should take into account things like the tacho drive parts and new fasteners etc.

However a lot of time was spent cleaning the bike as thoroughly as possible - I didn't include that in the 'time' factor simply because it should be a matter of course to keep it clean - but you would find one helluva improvement in the appearance if yours is already filthy (which it is fairly certain to be in all the 'hidden' areas).

It's OK by me if you want to do it yourself - I would struggle with room anyway and I sold mine because I was finding it harder to move it around.

But if you want help / advice on how to deal with the tacho drive issue, just ask.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Hi, I turned my tatty 92 750SS bitsa into this super uncomfortable 900ss bitsa +++. Never done owt with a bike before. I managed a 916 front end conversion, rear seat from a pattern part etc etc. That said, the engine paint has started flaking off again!!! Learning curve! Anything is possible if you have the time. It took me hours and hours and x amount of cash but loved every minute. I will never sell it.

DSC_0063.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  3. £750 is a bargain imho, a lot of time involved and time is money!.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information