1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Tyre To Fit Onto My Dvt

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by ADS1, May 14, 2016.

1. My R1200r had z8 fitted. Excellent tire. Had z6 on another bike and didn't care for them.

2. I'm a huge fan of Metzeler but the M7RR for me. Gets a lot of positive feed back. Andy

3. Any feedback on those Rosso 3 tyres yet Dave?

4. I'll be interested too: I put Diablo Rosso IIs on my Multi after wearing out the Scorpions at 3400 miles. The rear lasted 1100 miles… …and they took forever to warm up in anything resembling cold and damp conditions (ie most of the time in Scotland). Once up to temperature they were great - grippy, progressive turn-in and confidence inspiring. Below that, they were like a dog on ice. I've no idea what changes have been made for the current version.

5. I've just replaced my rear with another Scorpion Trail II after 6500 miles.
    I cannot criticise the tyre, which, although it's perhaps not as grippy as some, has never given me any scares in wet or dry conditions.

6. Just ordered a pair of Metzler Roadtec 01 from Pneus. Bikes in for service later this month so will get them fitted then.
    Been really pleased with the T30,s but the more I read about these 01's the more I thought to give them a crack. £20 more for the pair over the T30's.
    Will keep the thread updated when I get them fitted on the 19th.

7. You'll really love them... I do!
    2,500 km with them and plenty of good sensations.
    L's

8. I have always had Pilot, first 3's and the last one 4's. Great tyres for all occasions and they wear well. Will no doubt go for them on my DVT once the OE Scorpions are shot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. road pilot 4's i actually think they saved me from a serious accident abosolutley brilliant in the wet best tyre i've ever had for alround use

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Was so tempted with the PR4's, nothing in it cost wise either. If it wasn't for the fact that I do plenty of two up and a bit of touring I would have seriously looked at a hyper/super sport tyre as I think the Strada would really exploit super sticky hoops.
    I really love my Strada. :upyeah:

11. I had Z8s on my Skyhook and they were excellent. Will be putting Roadtec01s next on my KTM1290. If you fancy a sportier tyre, Dunlop SportSmarts were the best (dry weather) tyre I ever had on the Skyhook and they're on to SS2s now.

12. Just replaced my rear T30 Evo after 4000 miles. Still some tread left but it was getting pretty square with all the dual-carriageway miles I've been doing. I've just put the exact same tyre on again - if the formula ain't broke then don't fix it.

I've also been riding the Bridgestone S20 on my Yamaha MT-10. Very good but don't know what they'd be like on the Multistrada with the extra weight.

13. Get my roadtecs fitted this friday when bike is in for service at Leeds.
    Will update soon

14. Dave
    Any feedback on the Rosso III's will need some new tyres soon and I'm down to these or the T30Evo's?

15. Totally different tyres to be fair. One is sport-touring oriented, the other pure sport tyre. If you want a more sport oriented tyre then you could also look at the Bridgestone S20 as I'm really enjoying these on my MT-10. That said, I'd still go for the T30 Evo on the Multistrada as I think they're just better suited for the application.

16. Makes sense the T30's it is then

17. Liked my T30,s to be fair, just fancy trying these Metzler 01,s as everyone raves about them.

18. Hey Jasper I'm thinking about Roadtecs too .
    Feedback much appreciated.
    Cheers Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. Hi PPJohn, Rosso III's feel good so far, but going from slightly squared off and worn OE tyres to a new pair obviously feels a lot better, the improved profile means they turn in much better, but whether they give more grip/feel etc, I couldn't say yet. I was really impressed with the OE Scorpion 2's, so am hoping for an improvement on those. I'm off to the Alps and Black Forest in a couple of weeks and will have a better idea then.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information