1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Tyre To Fit Onto My Dvt

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by ADS1, May 14, 2016.

1. Slipping a bit more? Not a big issue ?
    You sir are a better rider than me. Slipping at all is a huge issue :Jawdrop:

2. Just a bit of movement over white lines and manhole covers or if you power it hard out of a roundabout, the traction control looks after it. It's fine in the dry but the wet and cold has more effect than the PR4's. Also seems more sensitive to changes in tyre pressure.

3. It's my ContiSport 3 in the rear. 2,500 km when I took the picture and now close to 3,000. Amazing. I hope it will last till 4,000 km, as front one is still in very good shape... keep you updated.
    L's

IMG_0526_small.jpg

4. I've been given warning my rear Roadtec01 has reached the limit....might try some PR4s

5. There are some better tyres out there now than PR4's

• Like Like x 1
  6. How about the new Michelin Road 5, announced and available in early 2018.

7. What psi do you run them at please

8. I've had PR4's slip a bit on whitelines and manhole covers so I don't think you can blame any tyre for this. You should just avoid riding over them as the surface diffference is always likely to affect grip.
    I'm on my second set of Roadtec 01's and was just out this weekend and no slipping problems in the cold but likely I'm not powering out of roundabouts the same way as I might in summer.

To answer Steven I run the 36 front 42 rear, unless I've been lazy checking pressures and it slips to 38 rear.

The one thing going for the Michelin tyres is that they allow repairs which most of the others don't.

9. I fitted Michelin pilot power3 2ct to dvt used them on my European tour last year and thought that were great, did approx 2.5k miles and handled well in the wet but I don’t take too many risks when wet but in the dry I’m on it
    and they never let go. I’m a big fan of Michelin but do prefer to sacrifice a bit of mileage for something a bit more grippy, forgot to say there’s probably still 1k miles left on the rear

#149 knightrider, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  10. I fitted the new Michelin PR5 in my Dvt for the price of 285 euro.
    Unbelievable handling .
    I had the Scorpion trail 2 for 15.000 Km .It was good Tyre and I rode with that all the Balkan’s country’s past summer .I think PR5 will last about 10.000 km caused is more softer than Pirellis

11. Michelin Road 5 GT update
    I've done 3,250 miles on a set of the Road GT tyres and the rear tyre is worn out in the centre and cupped on the shoulders while the front tyre could probably do another 3,000 miles and is worn evenly. All the miles were solo and about half with panniers/top box, a least a third of the miles were on wet or damp roads. I run 36 / 36 PSI and add a couple of PSI to the rear with pannier/top case. For the last 300 miles the rear felt horrible even in the dry. I've had better mileage of standard Road 5s and I'm sure the rear tyres worn down more evenly and felt better at the end of their life. I've got a set of Metzeler Roadtec 01 SEs to try next.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information