1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats The Best Polish.

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by plumber 64, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Hi to all you fanatical bike cleaners , What polish would you recommend i use to clean the polished aluminium on the wheels including elbow grease.

2. Ania was my best, but Polish not necessarily the best chicks :smileys:

edit: didn't read your small print :-(

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Thread moved :)

4. To the dating section? :smileys:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Tried loads of stuff but always come back to Autoglym. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Auto glym for me also... Leave it to dry on there then buff it and it's incredible

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. fair play will try that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Out of all the ones I've used it has to be meguiars, stage1 paint cleaner, stage 2 polish then stage 3 wax,
    You would not believe the difference it makes by using the paint cleaner first it's very,very fine abrasive and has an oil that feeds the paint or lawyer, buff off when dry then polish immediately..........wow, yes the red bottle above plus the 2 previous stages,

10. Holy shit! At what point in your life do you decide it's essential that you dump £1,150 on a tub of wax? Is that before or after you've bought the solid gold toilet brush? Mitchell and King must piss themselves laughing every time they sell one.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. If you can get hold of some as it's a dealer only distributed product, try AutoGlym's "Life Shine" treatment. Applied over a freshly waxed surface, it retains the deep shine and lustre of the paint, that the wax affords and repels moisture as well. It's supposed to be a treatment and not an application, so is only necessary once, and thereafter it's up to you if you want to repeat the treatment at a later stage, if you feel the paintwork needs further additional protection. I can get hold of it through someone I know who works at a local car dealers. It is exceptionally good stuff. You can get hold of it through FleaBay but it's not cheap.

. 151395968294_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. so you wash and wax with ya prefered products and then apply after? or is it part of a system? like auto glum this n that, then this stuff... and would you use wax or polish still after washing in the future or does this stuff keep it the nuts for ever (or a long time at least)/?

13. Many years ago when doing show and shine auto glym was my weapon of choice but then the formulations of the products changed and chalk fillers had been added to many of the products but the prices didn't change. I then found Meguires and use the gold class and the ultimate products with great results. The only auto glym product I use now is the HD wax after using various other stages of Meguires first.
    Depending on the age and condition of the paint would depend on what I use.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Supposedly you apply it and forget it, but I've yet to use ANY product that lasts or works indefinitely. I normally re-apply it whenever I re-apply the wax.

15. Diamondbrite, and then a layer of dodo juice.

16. For bare metal, I still use Solvol Autosol. Obv no good on paint etc, but if you're detailing metal it's great.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lucas metal polish is great for mirror finishing as it is really fine. Autosol is a good starter polish. The Lucas is dirt cheap too.

18. For paint work I had traditionally used a mixture of Autoglym red label resin polish, Meguiars Clay, their paint cleaning system and gold class wax. (not in that order) But more recently have been using products from 'The Chemical Guys' Using Jetseal 109 and Glossworkx Glaze on paint, plastics and metal, I have found it first class! Defo ahead of Autoglym and Meguiars.

Check out thier site and have a look at their detailing videos they detail a few motorbikes, I found thier products to be as good as they make out on their video's (despite being American and a little tongue and cheek) :)

Chemical Guys UK The finest car care and automotive detailing products available.

Jetseal 109 - tech spec
    Chemical Guys JetSeal 109 Auto Detailing Resin Paint Sealant/Protectant JetSeal 109

#19 gremlyng, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  19. Autosol can be a bit too abrasive I find it leaves fine scratches. I prefer meguires metal polish.
    For paintwork there are so many good products around now but chemical guys stuff gets my vote too. The glossy shine jet seal left on my car was superb!! Collonite wax is good for long lasting protection

Do Not Sell My Personal Information