1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Wheel Colour Options

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Slowman, Sep 14, 2016.

1. OK so i have a 2000 model 748 with the 3 spoke wheels on it. I have bought a set of 5 spoke marchesini wheels for it from a fila bike so the front wheel is red and the rear is purple.
    I am looking at getting them painted but after opinions on what colour. Just as a further point I am not a purist so I'm not worried about it being an original colour. I have seen a 996 with very bright gold wheels which I quite liked but still unsure. Feel free to post pics of your own so I can see how they look.

2. Depends on the colour of the 748. Never go wrong with black though. And easy to keep clean.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Photoshop could be your friend. It's very easy to change colours in an image. :upyeah: You can try a few options virtually before you make a decision.

4. Sorry forgot to say its RED .

5. Satin black is always a killer with either red or yellow. Satin grey goes well on the red to

6. Black or gold then.

7. Look at a RAL colour chart for rough ideas. RAL colours are those used by powdercoaters most often.

As mentioned try photoshopping or just go to a powdercoaters, or if you are contemplating wet spraying, then a motorfactors and look at colour chips.

http://www.ralcolor.com/

You could try these people below they have done a number of wheels for me including some Yamaha RD250LC wheels which are black with polished rims. They also do trick metallic finishes.

Maldon Shot Blasting & Powder Coating Ltd

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Looks good but I think the postage cost from oz would be a bit excessive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Black.

I like black wheels, they look good and most importantly don't show the dirt and particularly chain lube, a friend had an early 900SS with the white frame and wheels, it was a nightmare to keep the rear wheel clean.

Both my Ducatis have black wheels and if I had a choice I would always have black wheels on a bike, my Guzzi has silver wheels because that's how it came, as it's a shaft drive the chain lube mess doesn't happen so I can cope...

• Like Like x 1
  10. a flat anthracite

• Like Like x 1
  11. Is that like black? :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. I haven't been bothered to Google it yet, hope you get a reply.....

13. nah its somwhere between black and grey you know...

14. Sounds OK but I prefer black... ;)

15. Sounds like my hair.......

16. Too much information

17. Gold...like mine.

[​IMG]

18. Is that a Wolsey in the background? Nice.

19. Definitely liking the gold a lot. Will be going and talking to the spray painter when I'm back in Perth next week.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information