1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When It's Time To Give Up Sports Bikes...................

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by El Toro, Mar 28, 2016.

1. I sat on one - that was enough...i got off before someone saw me! :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. I will say though that waltzwerks one is really nice...ive never liked the cafe racer handlebars though....now if that one there had a straight set on it that would look pretty trick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pavey - you are right.....width of handlebars/mirrors (or panniers, when fitted) does limit filtering ability.....my 900ss filters better than the BM.....but my MZ TS250 beats both, is comfier (narrow bars, narrow bike, sit up and beg), more economical and gets more attention (?).......horses for courses...everything is a compromise.

For me, "comfy" is now a higher priority than "ease of filtering"....but that may be because traffic in Leicester is easier to get through than London.

The other elephant in the room is that modern cars are getting bigger, leaving less space to filter.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. it's the bastard SUV crossovers like Nissan bloody Jukes, that have mirrors at the perfect height to clip your bike.

That and the owners seem to insist on hugging the white line

*London commuter rant over*[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. I think its a case of where you are....sounds like London needs a narrower set of bars...my hyper will make it through all of the traffic in Bristol along with my z1000 (the z1000 having Renthal fatbars on it) but, last year when were were going up to the TT we averaged 34mph on the m5/6 up there as it was contraflows all the way and in most places id come to a halt on my RSV4.

@El Toro i know youve got one but for me they just dont look nice, i tend not to like "the generic bike look" ie like pretty well the entire triumph range at the moment (the only ones i do like are the speed and street)...its purely subjective - loads of people hate the hypermotard (moreso the old one like mine) but i love it, same with my z1000 gen 4 - id still say its the best looking naked out at the moment, but thats me, cos i own one! :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. I think that our diverse taste in bikes is very healthy-and great for the Forum.
    I have a Scrambler in my garage,it doesn't exactly get my pulse racing when I look at it.If however I need to get a fix the Scramber is the easiest bike for me to get out the garage,and it is the easiest one of my bikes to get on.I take it out for a quick ride,no obligation to explore limits of riding,which I don't have anyway.
    Come back refreshed and grinning.Does it for me.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Buy a dark visor, simples. :Bag:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Have had a look at the Scramblers and was quite surprised that they are not actually that cheap, so I'm now thinking maybe an 848 Streetfighter. Had a 1098 previously but don't need that power/fuel costs in a naked.

9. As for London riding, even if I leave St Albans at 6am I'm filtering on the A1 South within 2 or 3 miles. Used to be 7am was the cut off if you wanted to open the bike up a bit but with all the vans going in and out it's now an hour earlier. [emoji30]

10. I hear the dealer is offering CCTV pics of you "smiling like a schoolkid looking at his first pair of boobs" when eyeing up the scrambler... Probably got a secret on in a lock-up round the corner from the house. Rides off from his house on the socially acceptable bike, only to swap to an open helmet, fake tache and the scrambler.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ironically my mate who is building the scrambler (he's on here but i dont know his handle) is a good 6'4" and was sporting some pretty questionable attire (he's very retro)...he's coming on it to the TT with us this year...so....that should be interesting.!

12. ST4s take the bags off and run anything in site; put them on and ride all day long. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I hope so, even though im5'8 but picking one up in a few days

• Like Like x 1
  14. A boat .

15. A couple of years ago now I tried a Harley out for the first time. Weird feeling at the first bend when all of a sudden your feet are well in front of your hands! I was saying to a mte the other day, some of these little box shape OAP cars you see on the road, I just couldn't ever see myself dribbling about in one of those..
    Give me a Golf TDi and at least i can leave this planet with a smile on my face, albeit an emission poisoned smile... And no old peoples home ether, Id rather put a pair of Termi barrels to my head than end up there..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information