1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Which 749 R?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by bradders, Jan 7, 2017.

1. The second one. It is the "early model".

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. The first one potentially has 4000 track miles on it and no mention of servicing. If the second one is a genuine 2006MY and not one that has sat in a shop for 2 years, it has pre face lift bodywork (2004) on a post face lift (2005) era bike. Last year the carbon 2004MY was the one to get. Andy

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. So if I were to get into that market, a 2004 carbon model would be best?

4. And hardest to find and most expensive to buy :(. If I remember correctly from all the conversations last year on the subject, there are very few 2004MY carbon 749Rs around now, sort of 20 figure. It's your choice really, the post face lift era 2 vent front fairing bike has its devotees as does the original 4 vent front fairing bike. As a collector's bike I have a feeling the the 2004MY carbon model will always carry a premium but I'm not sure that in the long term the differential in price will be large. If you can find a well priced 749R of either era, I don't think you will lose money, just not make lots. Certainly current prices being expected by 99*R owners are ludicrous when they are expecting up to double what people are paying for a 1098R and that has the pedigree of being an homologation special which none of the 99*Rs were. Andy

5. That is not correct. The 996R was a homologation special too.

6. And the 999R was a homologation special as well.

7. Thinking if I buy another track bike, maybe I could buy something that will both be great on track (i.e. designed for it) as well as something to keep long term. There aren't many T9R around, and I don't think I could do justice to a 1098R never mind afford to buy one...thinking sub 10k may be doable come Q3 this year

8. @bradders as you know ive got a nice selection of bike for sale matey :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. The SPS is out of my range ;)

10. Push the boat out, you'll not regret it. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Alas mine will be more a rib budget than a boat ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. I should give you a go on mine, you'll be addicted. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. So was the many versions of the 999R. Its on the web so it must be .

14. I stand duly corrected and chastised. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. I found this which put the last nail in my coffin, Ducati 916 to 1199R just a little disappointed the article only looked at the WSB and not the WSS as well. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  15. Linky no worky

16. Not sure why not. The same link I saved on my iPad does. I'll investigate. Andy

17. I get this...
    This advertiser link is no longer active.

18. Most odd, I can go straight to the article through the bennetts web site but any attempt to copy the address fails. Go to Bennetts.co.uk, follow the Bike Social link, Bike Social again, then put Ducati 916sp in the search bar which sends you to the article. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information