1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which 749....

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Sambighair, Apr 22, 2017.

?
  1. Mk1 (2003-onwards)

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. Mk2 (2005-onwards)

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  1. I prefer the early models, i like how controversial the design was when i first appeared and how it only seems to get better looking with age, i like the vents in the nose and think the grey frame looks better than the later red ones...thats just me though, what do you lot think

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I agree. Especially in yellow!

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. Early styling, but, with a red frame and black swing arm

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I don't get the black swing arm bias. I'm perfectly happy with the grey one... :)

5. I think the early grey frame/swingarm models will prove to be the future sought after models...they look far classier than the later ones, especially in yellow, but then I would say that cos I've got one (999S).;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. I agree, I dont get why everyone prefers the black swing arm, the grey one looks far less industrial.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I think they both look fine. For me, neither is better than the other. They are just different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. A line you should never use if your misses asks if you like her boobs! :tearsofjoy:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. I like the early 749r..:Angelic:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Theres always one isnt there! ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. I prefer the silver frame, but like the black swingarm (I have 5 on the shelf, including a full new kit that was available in 2003) but both my 999R's still have their grey arms fitted. I don't know what I am doing :Bucktooth:
    Think a black arm will end up on the Fila though as it suits it better I believe. Double fairing vents look better :)

#11 Exige, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Variety is the spice of life... :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I think and know for a fact the later red frame black swingarm is best. This is because I own one. If I were to own a silver frame grey swingarm model then obviously that would be best - fact! :Cigar:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. which ever one you get you will have the biggest grin going

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. This one IMAG0799.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. It is interesting that the vote is swinging firmly in favour of the earlier 749/999 bikes as my perception is the general feeling was the opposite a while ago... :smileys:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Having read many threads about the matter, i am also surprised at the results so far! Goes to show ya never can tell

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information