1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Which Chain Lube?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by yellowducmaniac, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Simple question, which chain lube do you use ,stickiest,minimum fling, longest lasting etc... I cleaned and lubed my chain mid week ,went for a ride and got back to see my new carbon rear wheel lathered in a mixture of brake dust and lube, didn't really notice it as much when the OE wheels were on, took a good while to clean it all back to how it was before...:Banghead: ...recommendations?

2. Wurth dry

• Like Like x 1
  3. Motul C4.

4. Wurth Dry, I was reminded why on Tuesday when collecting my 999 from a major service/set up where it had received a chain lube (not asked for but is good service anyway, MOTUL I suspect which is a good one). Rear brake was working great when I picked it up, within 3 miles was useless. Will now have to clean not only the wheel, swinging arm, front sprocket area, rear of the bike, number plate blah blah with gunk to remove the fine spread of grease but also the chain and rear sprocket with dry chain lube (it is very good at cleaning the chain) and then the disc and pads with brake cleaner. Unlike many I use the back brake at slow speed in town and for trail braking. IME, Ducati rear brakes are ok unless you use normal chain lube and the slightest spot of flung grease renders it entirely useless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Brake dust? Was the rear working sufficiently to actually wear off pad material? Cool.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ricky, that is the brake dust that can be washed off with soap or a dry rag. Back brake makes quite a bit when its working properly and the pads maybe last for only 8k miles but at least it works

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information