1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Jacket Should I Get To Go Over My Leathers?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Scott21, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Looking at a few jackets to go over my leathers but don't know what to go for.

Any ideas and yes I don't like the cold!

2. Maybe not what you're looking for, suspect that you may be wanting a thermal lining, you didn't really say?

I use one of these over my Dainese perforated leather jacket. Waterproof and when riding after dark or when it's cold and miserable obviously closes off the vents and makes it much warmer. Doesn't get all sweaty like cheaper over-jackets and at the times I usually need to wear it the hi-vis aspect is an added bonus.

Only downside it does get a little grubby over time. Haven't tried to wash it yet.

3. need more info like do you have a hump on the leather jacket, what length you like, lined or unlined, waterproof etc

loads out there so the more specific you can be the easier it may be to guide you

for what its worth, i thought i wanted one thing but ended up with another after having a good think about when i would use it and whats important to me

4. Knox Cold Killers

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I want something that goes over the hump and also need to be long

6. Parka? ;)

7. They were the days!

• Like Like x 1
  8. A nice Aquascutum?

9. The Held one I linked to above is reasonably long and has a sort of rubberised grippy material on the inside of the back hem that helps to prevent it riding up. My Dainese Santa Monica jacket has a small hump and that's not a problem with the jacket on.

Downsides for some is the colour and the price, though you get what you pay for and IMHO it's worth it (although it was £10 less when I got mine).

10. Not exactly what you were asking but I've just bought a Spada, windproof underlayer.
    I couldn't be more pleased with it.
    Keeps me warm, even at this time of the year and even when worn under a perforated summer jacket too !!!
    Nice, long fit as well.

11. I have used Frogg Toggs over jackets for a few years now, 100% waterproof and breathable. They pack quite small as well.

Just got this one last year, the hood is either removable or rolls away into the neck. also available in black..

delivery from US is cheap and quite quick

Frogg Toggs Kikker 2 Mens Waterproof Jacket Lime Green/Black | eBay

Do Not Sell My Personal Information