1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Slipper Clutch Should I Buy?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Scott21, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Looking at getting a slipper clutch for my 1098s. I will be using it mainly for track days.

There are a few options but not sure what to go for.

Also as I'm using it for track is there anything people would recommend to do with the 1098s? I.e what other mods/setup should I do.

Cheers
    Scott

2. Sorry, I know feck all about most things and slippers are quite high on that list.

I do know don't get the £300 jobbies on eBay.

I have a STM on the 996 and has been fine apart from the spider spring breaking but they all do that I think.

3. Sigma. Only one I have used and it was sublime.

4. A Slippy one? :)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. Okay so if I was to choose a sigma would it be a straight fit? And where best to buy

6. I've got the Ducati Performance one in a couple of bikes and have never had any issues with them Scott.

7. Give Dave at WM Snells a call, he can explain I'm sure. AFAIK it is a straight fit, I don't know if the clutch pack is different or the plates need rearranging though :)

8. STM or Sigma. The STM clutch needed a special tool to lock it when taking apart though.

9. @Nelson had my wet sigma he may be able to advise :upyeah:

10. Goof piece of kit..Not tried a dry one from them.
    I have the STM Evolution on my road bike, also very good, plus no spider spring.

11. Is Goof good? :Wideyed:

12. last 2 bikes has had ducati performance slippers, had a sigma before that and all have been hassle free but if I was to pick it would be the sigma

13. Is the best place to buy direct from sigma?

14. What are EVR like? They seem to have strong links with Ducati.

EVR - company

15. I use EVR 48 tooth basket and plates, and ducati slipper hub.
    I find they don't judder on set off.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information