1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which tracks would you like to see MotoGP run on and which should go?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by DukeXTC, Jun 13, 2013.

1. To get the ball roliing:

Imola to replace Misano
    Portimao to replace Estoril
    Brands Hatch to replace Silverstone
    Hockenheim (into the forest) to replace Sachsenring
    The old Assen to replace the new one
    Istanbul Turkey to replace Indy
    Suzuka to replace Motegi
    Kyalami South Africa to replace Valencia
    Any South American track to replace Laguna (OK the COrkscrew is great but it's a go-cart track FFS. WHy not run it at Cadwell, would love to see a MotoGP over the mountain!)
    An Indonesian track (Shah Alam) to replace Aragon (although I like the track, it's in the middle of nowhere and Montmelo is in Barcelona)

2 races in Italy and 2 in Spain as they are the lifeblood of the sport and a much better geographical spread. I know it's fantasy because most of the suggestions are on tracks that wouldn't pass the Safety Commission.

What do you think?

2. Brands would be my choice for the Brit round , but the'd shit themselves the safety conscious brigade

3. Night race in Singapore.

4. Cadwell

• Like Like x 1
  5. Croft :smile:

6. Brands would be great but I'd doubt it would pass MotoGP safety assessments? Imagine a full grid charging into Paddock Bend then up to the Hairpin!

7. It seems to have a good track it needs to go up and down as well as round and round (except a few notable exceptions - Assen) :smile:

8. id like to see it at cadwell park
    ok ok ok I know its too narrow etc lol
    but as a layout its fab

9. Oulton park would be fun for the UK i think. Spa would be nice to see them at too. And could you imagine how many riders would boycott the full Nurburgring! Be a different class of rider in motogp if the tracks got scary. And after watching the TT i can't help but think the Brits would be fighting for title then too.

10. I'd bring it back to Donny and cut out the Melbourne loop section which is pointless in my opinion. Lots of great memories from the days of racing there... Brands would be good too, but Moto GP would moan about the run off etc... Probably rightly so... For scenery, I'd choose Anglesea...

11. I can just see them facing the mountain.... :)

12. Spa - good call!

13. Yep, put me down for Spa :smile:. How about two Aussie rounds with the second being at Bathurst :smile:

14. Yamaha dude Lin Jarvis has been making noises recently about taking motogp to places like India and South America, basically to countries where the motorcycle industry is doing well, which makes sense. Suits me, I've done all the European rounds.

Ditch Valencia and Laguna Seca, they're crap, bring back Spa and Monza.

15. Castle Combe, that would give the Ohlins techs a bit of work to do, might give a few locals a heart attack as well. Would they be under yellows for the first lap as well like they run their track days?

16. Spa of course

Donnington but on the proposed new second half layout.

Brands

Monza

Oulton park

Anything but silverstone, great to ride around but pointless as a spectator

• Like Like x 1
  17. +1 - Love going round there, but as you say, pointless to spectate...

18. Three sisters Wigan. Darley Moor, Olivers Mount

19. Hell, lets go with the NW200 course and see how those trick gas forkes work then!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information