1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 Hyperstrada Who Had One?

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Pavey, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Only just really discovered this bike but am strangely impressed with it, really like the look of it and ticks all the boxes as a commuter.

Has anyone here had one, what are your thoughts on it? Are the bars as wide as the motard would be my first question?

Thanks.

2. Had what?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

3. Ah. I presume you can't see the prefix when viewing through Tapatalk - a Hyperstrada.

4. Yeah.... Then I'll be no use here!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Just seen @ZX10RBOY had one. Any good?

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

6. I've got the 939sp which is virtually the same bike with added bling. I use mine for a daily commute in all but the harshest weather and I bloody love it. I do my best to be careful but really only get 100 miles before refuelling.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I've a Strada, an 821 but that's no difference really.
    I could run on about it , I love it and it's the bike that has brought back my love of bikes in the way you can have fun on it but not find yourself at warp 10 .
    It's comfy , looks the bollocks and part from dragging the stand when really pushing on will deal with most sports bikes on normal roads.
    Only thing I can't comment on is what it is like for higher milages , and also I don't think they are great for fuel economy but that said I ride it like am idiot most of the time.

I love mine. I would chop it in for an sp model because I'm doing so few miles but otherwise it's a keeper.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Yea yea, but my money is on you not succeeding ........

• Like Like x 1
  9. How is the filtering on it, that is one bonus of my 1198s, it is narrow as hell (plus it has no wing mirrors)?

Are the Strada bars narrower that the SP's, as they look it in the pictures i have seen? Also the Strada is lower i believe?

10. The strada is lower, the sp is far too tall for me, but once you're moving it's ok. The wing mirrors are on top of the bars so not an issue (I find them excellent and so much better than my old 848) it's not as narrow (from memory) as your 1198 but still so mush fun filtering and easier to steer between cars at low speed.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks mate. I'm 5'10" so may go and sit on a Strada as there is one at Metropolis Barnet (with an SC pipe, looks good) I had heard the SP is really high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. I'm just over 5'8" with a 28" inside leg and I manage ok. Once you do a few miles it becomes second nature. Saying that I wanted the new enduro, but that's too high and far too heavy for my stumpy legs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sorry to go off topic chaps but I have a Ducati Performance racing seat for sale off my 939.

About to list it but lots of you might not look at the parts for sale section.

My SP bars (same) were high enough to clear wing mirrors except big 4x4's.

14. I have one at the minute. Fantastic bike. Plenty of power, very comfy, looks brilliant, excellent in the corners, very quick steering...I just love it, much better than my old 1100 Hypermotard. The Motard is toooo focused , whereas the Strada, is more versatile, but with all the same fun.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Thanks Steve, just the mini review i wanted to hear, sounds perfect. Have been (loosely) looking at an 1100 motard but was curious on reliability, age etc. Great to hear an opinion on someone who has had both.

• Like Like x 1
  16. If you can, get the 939. The 1100`s are brilliant, but one trick ponies, with older technology. The 1100`s feel bigger and heavier, and |I don`t know how tall you are but I found it a little too big. The Strada is perfect for me anyway. Good Luck with your choice !

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yeah - love the fact that the 1100 is (as you state) a one trick pony with older technology (not sure about the one trick pony bit as when i owned my s i did everything on it)....thats why i own one but - ive got other bikes for different jobs so if i had to have just one and it was a hyper then it would have to be an sp though - ive had an old s and evo and an sp and the sp is the best of the lot.!

18. Agreed. The 1100SP is/was the god of the Hypermotard family. The Strada has come along ( especially powered by 939) , and moved the goalposts in terms of practicality, and comfort. I could never do a full day scratchin, or a 5 day tour on an Motard, but with this, I feel I can do both. Just the ergonomics, seating position, etc allows for a more forgiving day out.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I think its a case of you, yourself, as a person...sometimes you just fit on a certain bike and im no different....5 years back i took the s to the TT and did 1000 miles (or close to in a week) which consisted of motorway, hard riding through twisties, numerous high speed runs over the mountain and heavy slow moving traffic amongst hundreds of bikes....it did it all..!

Back to myself....ive got an rsv4 which ive been using ever since for going to the TT but a few years back i ended up with an R6 (a long story but i didnt want it but got saddled with it all the same) and that, some if not most would say was if not the same size weight and dimensions as an rsv4....the rsv i take to the TT and do the same as what i did on the s. The R6 was a back breaker - i could only stay on the thing for about 30 mins at a time...strange but there you go...

20. Did you sell the race seat ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information