1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Why Do Ducati Do This?! Fuel Cap Irritation

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by BaggaZee, Jan 4, 2017.

1. So I've got a nice Carbon Fibre plate for a fuel filler cap, it's been knocking around for a while:
    IMG_4814.JPG

...then I spotted the fuel cap to match, or sp I thought:
    IMG_4812.JPG

Spot the problem?
    What could possibly explain this other than Ducati deciding to be really, really irritating.

Any ideas?

2. lol ya cant have ya holes in the wrong place lol

3. One of them must be wrong if it can't be spun...unless its for an endurance tank :)

4. Lower one looks fake possibly? Text and spacing seem wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Interesting, will check against known genuine lettering. Ta.

6. and ya cant have them both !

7. slip it in the wrong un tho! lmfao

8. What you have there is one part from a DP fuel cap kit. You need the others parts to use it, it won't fit other caps...

[​IMG]

9. Yep, I thought I was buying the remainder of the kit. :angry:
    Still, it's well made and if there's enough meat in the body of the filler I'll tap it for the single top bolt. The double bolts will still line up if I use coupling nuts.

10. Here's my DP one showing the quality / design and lettering... (if it's not fake too :smileys:)

IMG_2178.JPG IMG_2179.JPG

11. Thanks. I have one of the DP ones with a smaller cap but the plating started to lift.

I'm now fairly convinced that the one I have is a fake but if I can make the Carbon plate fit it'll make no difference.

12. Think the bolts are fake, the lettering is much further round on the lhs....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information