1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Why My Life Is Incomplete Without A Multi ......

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by HyperMac, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Hi Folks,
    As the title says really. I've read all the reviews on the 1200S DVT ( not yet sat on one, unfortunately ) , but wondered from you , the owners perspective what you love best about the bike....... and why my life thus far is incomplete not owning one ( yet ) !

I'm currently a Hyperstrada owner, but the missus and I have big plans for getting over to Europe and covering some big mileages in the near future. I'm sure I don't need any more convincing its the right bike for task, but would love to see your feedback good , bad or otherwise
    Thanks

2. Easy to ride and fast as you need it. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Practical, fast, comfortable, fast, termi sounds incredible, fast and it's red!
    (One for ducbird there! )

4. The most practical and adaptable bike I've owned, great all rounder, fast, stylish. There are a few niggles but it's a cracking bike.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I like my 2016 PP.

When I ride mine it frees my mind from the tyranny of trivia.

• Like Like x 6
  6. practical? :smileys:

7. welcome, big bike big miles.

8. Every time you sit on it it feels like you've owned it years. It just fits well. And has a blinder of an engine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. It's almost as practical as a BMW touring bike, but twist the loud handle and the impractical inner beast comes out to play.

• Like Like x 1
  10. :)

11. Yes, I meant DucBird :smileys:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Why My Life Is Incomplete Without A Multi ......

It's not. I've owned two non-DVT Multis and ridden a DVT but there's nothing there that my KTM1290 SA can't do just as well (or better). Reliability is now always going to be a worry for me with Multis. Let the flaming commence :rolleyes:

13. Forgive my asking, but what is your inside leg measurement?

14. He's a hyperstrada owner. The multi is a low rider compared to that ;)

15. Had some very grim health issues over the last few years , so no more track riding for me , or sportsbikes

Genuinely just love my dvt despite all the shit that's needing fixing , nothing major
    When it's on point it's just fucking mint
    Sorry I can't quantify any of that , that's just how it is

• Like Like x 3
  16. Thanks for all the replies.
    And yes currently own a Hyperstrada, have run around on a Hypermotard 821 as well, so even though not sat on a Multistrada yet not too concerned about the height issue.
    Can't wait to test ride one soon. Especially getting back to "normal" roads after riding in Vietnam for so long !

Its great seeing the comments you all provide, especially showing the passion for the bike. Thanks again

17. Don't have a DVT but my 2012 Multi has taken me all over Europe in comfort then changed into a sports bike when I've got where I'm going. Truly a multi-purpose bike and the best bike I've ever owned by a long way..

• Like Like x 2
  18. Until recently I'd been commuting a total of 100 miles per day. Totally comfortable and practical, and turn long roads into very short ones. Plus it handles so well you will be picky about your next set of tyres, much like if you owned an arse-up-head-down sports bike. You could ride it off the edge of the standard Pirelli Skorpion tyres.

I love it and the only reason I'm not riding now is that I'm trying to keep the miles down and so my winter commuter is an MT-10 ... but in truth the Multistrada is the better commuter and should still keep riding it but I don't want to ravage it with salt from the winter roads in central London. You WILL need to take precautions to preserve the finish of your Multi because they don't like that sort of environment.

Only issues I've had was a leaky fork seal (which could happen to any bike and doesn't seem like a common fault) and the obligatory issue with the exhaust valve - but just disconnect the cable and buy a Duc-EE to clear the error code and move on. Even my Ducati dealer suggested that this would be less hassle than replacing the exhaust doing it all over again in another few-thousand miles time.

But really, just buy it, ride it, love it. There's nothing else to say.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Potter about, munch the miles or scratch the B roads. Winner!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I have a panigale following my dad who now has a a multistrada and it's perfection.

But I took his multi DVT out and he said come back righty away if it's too big, heavy, etc; I flew off and within 3 corners on the edge of the tyres (I'm not an experienced rider)and had so much fun, they drop round corners better than a sports bike as the weight pushes it down and the powers fires them off. I'm very impressed!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information