1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wierd Electrical Gremlins - 900 Ss Crank Sensor

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Desmoquattro, Mar 12, 2017.

1. The Senna 2002 900ie has been running rough about 4000k. Its kinda backfiring and the revs cutting briefly with a sudden lack of power. Its not cutting out completely but unnerving non the less. Along with this the rev counter is dying to 0. The rev counter also dies to 0 for random periods seperately of the running problem being a wierd intermitent problem. I checked the plug leads yesterday and they dont seem to be tight, but I dont think this would cause the problems I descrbe. Looking at the wiring diagram it looks like it could be an ECU issue. Any ideas?

2. An earth wire breaking down somewhere?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thought that may a possibility

4. So went to remove the crank sensor to swap with the one out of my ST4S as the symptoms were spot on for issues there, and water in the connector block! Hopefully thats it sorted.... For info the Bosch crank sensor is 150 odd euros from Stein Dinse! Sourced it using the Bosch part number from a car parts place for £40 should anyone ever need one

• Useful Useful x 2
  5. Aparently you can get the sensor even cheaper! Fitted to some cars.

Anyway, it was the water that was messing it up. Its running sweet!

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information