1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classic Will The Wife Like It

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by ducatijones, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Over last 15/20 years we have toured through Europe on VFR, ZZR1100, GS1200, ST4S. This being me and SWMBO who loved every minute. Older and wiser we only make the odd Sunday trip now together as my 900ss IE is not to SWMBO's liking. Does not feel safe on the back. Lately SWMBO has suggested we get a more user friendly (i.e. more user friendly for her) bike. I love the looks of the Scrambler and get exactly what its about. Would it be any good 2 up? SWMBO is 7.5 stone wet through. Im off to SMC on Saturday to have good look in the flesh and might organise a test ride. Dont want to get too excited if no good with pillion.
    Comments and advice welcome.

2. It'd be fine for a Sunday afternoon, but I'm not certain it would be for a tour.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. you need to get a nice harley..:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Touring days are done Im sorry to say.
    Son lives in Oz so thats my main holiday each year booked for eternity.
    The seat looks nice and wide and level so she wont be perched above me but do you think the fun element will the same 2 up?

5. never mind the wife, what about the mother-in-law?

goldwing.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. F**k that. Im middle aged not sad.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Do Ducati do broomsticks?

• Like Like x 1
  8. ok,, maybe to old already..:eek:

9. To be honest I doubt it. It's a real fun bike for one person.

And I love mine as it's a hoot riding on crappy roads. But I would go for something different if your aim is to go out as a twosome all the time.

10. I have sat on one not sure I would want to be a pillion
    Multi is more for comfort Sunday outings I would say
    :)

11. Yep,I believe Harry Potter had a Ducati Firebolt. :)

12. My wife & I go out on the Scrambler & she absolutely loves it, but I guess she would after enduring the 748! I find it easy to ride 2 up & still really enjoy the riding. It will always be more fun solo though, no need to think about accelerating & braking more gently.

13. Ones wife has her own scrambler, problem solved

14. :Wideyed:

15. This ^

I've been two-up for a day on the Scrambler (Classic - so same seat etc as you) and it was alright but pillion grumbled. By the time you're loaded up for even a short tour you'll find it a bit of a tight set up and not really fun for either rider or pillion. The Scrambler is a solid gold bike for 1-up fun and hooning around with it on its ear on twisty B roads is where it excels (assume the same true for cities but those are full of people, and I don't like people at all... so I avoid them).

ET nailed it.

16. I always do ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. get a 1000 gt if you can find one

Do Not Sell My Personal Information