1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wire Thing Under The Seat

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by David Hales, Apr 1, 2017.

1. The weight of that comprehensive tool pouch must be why the thing wants to wheelie everywhere. :Banghead:

2. well I aint got one , bet the dealer sold it on E-Bay

3. I'm off into the garage to solve the 4 year old mystery of "Where the f**k is my tool kit" :Eggonface:

• Like Like x 1
  4. me too, second time this morning, god Im bored

5. this is B.S...no way can you get a tool kit down the RHS no room with all those battery cables, could be LHS but nothing there....(first world problems)

6. Maybe you need the tool kit to get at the tool kit. :confuse:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mine was exactly where its shown in the diagram but I can't for the life of me see how you can get to it without some dismantling. Even if you can get your hands past the battery and leads you've still got to remove the lining tray from the cubby hole under the pillion seat - which requires an allen key....

8. took me seat off for a look....no way does mine have a tool kit...

9. Well I never, it's in there. :Wideyed: Lifting the seat cowl off, there's a small allen key to loosen the inner cover. Lifting that up exposes the battery, but still no sign of the tool kit. So I stuck my fingers down to where it should be in the diagram and felt the familiar texture of a nylon pouch and velcro. :Woot:

The only way I can see to get it out is to remove the battery, for which you need...........tools. :Banghead: What a bloody stoopid place to put this, the kind of thinking I'd expect from British Leyland in the early 70's. :confuse:

IMG_5255.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. yeah i have had that all off and the seat to look up it, how ridiculous although still wanna see pics pmsl...

11. There is nothing simple with a duke is there :Banghead:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Oh, I'm pretty sure I could list at least one simple-minded duke.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. There is an Allen key to get to the tool kit - check Robs picture :)

14. You need an Allen key to get to the tool kit? That's got to be a design floor.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

15. That made me laugh. A few years ago I had a team of people in at a weekend painting floors. I asked one of them to put some hazard tape around the area and wet paint signs. The resulting signs read "WET PAINT ON FLAW". Are you related to him? :)

16. It is him (if he had to paint it several times?) :Hilarious:

17. Sigh

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information