1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Wiring Diagram/schematic

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by ShaneTT, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Hey guys, does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 749?
    I took delivery of mine yesterday and it seems to be getting a backfeed from the aftermarket rear brake light.
    When the ignition is in park, keys out, and the front brake is pressed the dash lights up and fuel pump primes. It won't turn over on the button, so at least I know the immobiliser is working!
    It's also thrown the EML up a couple of times, 37.3 so I'm wondering if they're related.

In love with it already, even with the faults!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Here you go bud. :upyeah:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  3. That was quick thanks guys! I did have a search but didn't turn up exactly what I wanted.
    Hopefully I can find the fault and get it sorted :thumbsup:

4. Shane, hopefully not teaching you how to suck eggs but disconnect the rear light cluster and test for continuity between the two bulb + lines. Could be a dodgy bulb, incorrect bulb or dodgy/wet bulb holder shorting the two + feeds.

• Like Like x 1
  5. check the earth to the rear light and that the bulb fitted is the correct one as it sounds like classic bad earth problem

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. It may be a bad filament in the bulb touching the sidelight running light circuit as you pull the brake lever it feeds through the sidelight circuit and gives trouble. Does it do it when you use the footbrake lever as well ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Not at all, appreciate the help I'll give it a shot.

I'm thinking it's something along these lines, bad earth/something crossed. It's a tidy little all in one led unit, I haven't had chance to take a proper look at how it's been connected or anything yet. I didn't try the back brake if it brought it on, should narrow it down a bit further.

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information