1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrap

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by 2 easy, Dec 17, 2016.

1. just wondering how much a wrap will cost , anyone done a 749 / 748 / 916 etc , full fairing and seat unit ,, just looking for ball park price . Ta

2. it also will depend on the quality of the wrap itself. Some are very cheap and thin and risk being torn if stretch or worked too hard.

Work out the surface area and add a certain amount for safety.

Check out eBay for prices.

3. I think he was implying paying to have it done? A fitter should use reasonably quality stuff to work with.

No Idea on price sorry, it may vary depending on what finish you want, colour etc...

I'd make sure you get a reputable installer, watch them for doing dodgy shit, like injecting glue on difficult corners that don't stick down, or cutting it with a blade on the panel to bend it, or popping bubbles with a pin...

I did a bit my self (on simple parts) on race cars, as it was good to replace when stone chipped and cheap for me to do it, could do it in the paddock after swapping parts if it took a hit. Much less messing about... I used 3M bubble free wrap (might not be the best) the adhesive looks a bit textured where it sticks down...like honeycomb. Cheap enough off flea bay.

I personal prefer paint though for normal use and when I enquired about having my trailer professional wrapped a paint job would have been similar price, perhaps a bit more involved to paint a bike especially with different colors, wrap will probably be cheaper than painting?

I only wrapped simple shapes (wings) and it was sound. I even did flat billet wheel centers, and the alloy paneling for the cockpit / side pod air ducts and that lasted years, wet and dry racing, wheels off and on very regular.
    Just cleaned with soapy water by hand.

4. You want to ideally ask for a Cast vinyl, although a decent polymeric will be ok for flat and slightly curved surfaces, but polymeric has more memory and will want to spring back to its original shape if wrapped around tight corners, hence the lifting.

Monomeric is a step down even further and only really good for flat smooth surface

Cast vinyl is the best wrapping film and much better at stretching and working with heat, there's literally 100's to choose from.

Some of the better ones :

Avery Supreme
    3m 1080
    Arlon

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Well thank you all for your replies / help , my thots were for a good ( at least decent ) job as I might want it to last a few years but may eventually remove it ( tho red is just so yesterday darling in a few years it may be all the rage again , or maybe even yellow :smile: ) I know a good job is almost as exp as paint the advantage being that it is not permanent . Guess I will have to talk to reputable shops for prices . Ta R

Do Not Sell My Personal Information