For Sale 1098 R For Sale

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Mr Tea, Jul 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, ive not had it long and it's for sale.
    Recently bought from another member on here it's the same as then. Totally immaculate 2008 model.
    10700 miles but might gain a few more , bit not many.

Full ti system , mapped, cleaned , looked after , the lot.
    If your looking for a show R model then this is it .
    £13500 firm.

Reason for sale is I just don't enjoy riding it.

thanks, Simon

2. :astonished:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. As you haven't posted a pic @Mr Tea , I will. :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  4. What don't you like Simon, (just being nosey)?

5. Hi Simon

Out of interest, why don't you enjoy riding it (pm me if you prefer)?

Andrew

6. I instantly dislike someone on a deep personal level, if they don't enjoy a 1098 R.

Must be wired wrong in the brain... like Saville, Brady or Hindley

JH_1986
    This message by JH_1986 has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 4
  7. Yikes, bit strong that mate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. There was a large chunk of joking in there... but it is a 1098 R and I'd suffer quite a lot for one of them in the garage :upyeah:

9. Don't know how you thought that might be even remotely funny. Poor judgement this time. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I saw the funny side, but always do :) finding mine as easy to get on with as the R1 and SFS, nicer than the 998, and immensely easier to live with than the RSVR Factory. Perhaps it needs setting up?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Swap for a 996, 999 and 600 SRAD? :innocent:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Surely just the SRAD... don't want to start bartering too high.

13. true, i got nowhere to go now................

14. Somebody talk to me about how these compare to the newer bikes; Panigale , BMW, etc? I've rode a 1098S but nothing like this. Quite fancy having something special instead of the BMW.

15. @frazzle went from a Pantygirdle to a 1098R

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Borderline unridable power and torque delivery. You, my friend, would love it :upyeah:

17. Wonder if the vat man will let me pay at the end of the year instead of quarterly ? :innocent::joy:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Haha sounds simply wonderful :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Not too sure how to provide you with a meaningful answer as my experience is limited to earlier and less performance oriented bikes. A friend of mine met through BBS Eurotracks used to be a professional endurance racer and is still one of the quickest riders I have seen (discounting Tito Rabat and Josh Brookes). He rode my 1098R at Almeria and despite the interference of the traction control which I forgot was on, he was lapping in the mid 1:40s. In his words, it was the best bike he'd ridden for a very long time and was wondering why he shouldn't have one. I have a well developed 853 based on a full factory 748 and first time out on the 1098R by the end of the 3rd day I was 15 seconds a lap quicker. Still over 2 minutes but a lot quicker. I love it with a passion. Andy

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information