1100 Evo Supersport

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by richgilb, Nov 12, 2014.

1. This Mofo here.....

engine jpeg.jpg

2. ....is going in here.

duke bike.png

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nice one.
    Any plans to go anything else with it? Single seat, high level pipes etc or just leave it as a sleeper..?

4. Definitely a header pipe and some gp style illegal silencers. Also I will get the fairing panels sorted so they say 1100 evo in the same style. I was a bit disappointed in how tidy it was as I really wanted to spray it red with red frame. But it is in mint condition so unfortunately I cannot justify it

5. I think that screen needs to go as well

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. If you want a do-it-up-jobbie, sell the mint body and buy crappy stuff and paint it. Probably cost neutral

7. I want to try to make the bike that Ducati should still be making. And although I would hope that they would improve the look of the plastics if they did reintroduce it, I can't put glass fibre on this to make improvements. One step forward in style and then one backwards in terms of quality. I want it to look like a quality production model. So the plastics are staying.

8. Hmm, kind of see what you mean but you could put 848 plastics on it for an OEM look. The Supermono clothes I'm putting on mine weight less including the seat unit, than one side of a 900SS full Fairing never mind the weight of the stock seat side panels and rear unit. I should have my stuff in and out of paint by January - it will be interesting to see if the 'factory' finish and scheme I'm going for look like the real thing.
    Fairing is identical to this pic and seat is very close..
    This is a rep of the 944 Concept bike derived from the Supemono..

[​IMG]

9. How much weight do you think you will save in the plastics?

10. If you go 848 route a lot! They are paper thin and probably less than a set of fibreglass ones

11. To be fair, my plastics are 95 carby so it may be that your ie is a bit slimmer to start with. I've heard 848 stuff is nice and light.

Difficult to tell the difference for just the plastic as I'm also losing the associated crap at both ends:
    Front subframe gone and just a light ally fabrication in its place, instrument panel gone (replaced with a vapor unit), Headlight gone (replaced with a daytime MOT for the time being).
    Big chunk of rear frame gone rear lights, indicators guard etc gone..
    etc..

I'd bloody love a 1000DS or an 1100 to stick into it :)

12. Reckon 916 v 848 plastics, 848 less than half the weight

13. Looks like you are spending a fair bit on weight reduction. Why not get an evo engine? 6.5kg saved there. And an extra dollop of pasty, obviously.

14. Are there pics anywhere of a supersport with 848 fairing? Defo would not change the rear. Classic pear shaped simple lines there.

15. Reckon it would be a fair amount of work to change

16. I'm about to find out. My engine has arrived.....

17. A fair number of desmodue racers have fitted 848 etc race fairings to their SS bikes, also desmo and 916 ones. One fella fitted a RSV4R fairing, lookked good tbh

But they are race/track bikes so no need for the road lights etc

18. I do not know this motor and am doing the strip down this week . Will I be getting a lighter slipper clutch and different gear ratios?

19. Same ratio and a much welcome slipper clutch it seems. Good news. That old clutch will not be missed

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information