1198s runs warm

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Longers, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Just picked up my 010 1198s ducati on friday and was in traffic and noticed that it runs very warm and stays warm till ya get out on the open road,heard diff things about getting them to run cooler,just looking a bitnoff oint in the right direction,cheers

2. All bikes do that, your fan should kick in around 103-105%. On the open road the air flows in order to cool everything.

3. Heats ya bollox though!

4. What he said :smile:

And it's a bit bleeding obvious if you think about it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Try riding an old air cooled Triumph twin in Traffic if you want a bit warm:tongue:

6. I run an 1198, yesterday nice weather 20+- degs I was running at 103 when in traffic but dropped to 91 when on a blast, its normal temp for my bike.
    Bomaris

7. Normal. Next time try it in 36°C, stuck in traffic in Le Mans after riding all the way there in 1 trip from UK.

They run hot. This is normal as everyone above says. You'll get used to it. :)

8. Cheers for the feedback lads,yip,they don't have cook your bollocks,feck sake thing mines are poached lol

9. If you think the 1198 cooks your swallox, should ride the Panigale. It fries them like eggs allegedly.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information