For Sale 2004 999 'ohlins' 17,750 Miles £5,500. Red.

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Charles Hunt, Sep 29, 2022.

1. May I bump this back into view.

She's been garaged over the winter and started first time, so is all ready to go for spring and summer.

I reckon around £6k is a fair price, but no serious offer will be refused.

Finally managed to post some images further down the thread.

As described comes with factory fitted Ohlins forks from new. All 3 keys, good history file, last service September '21 at 15,340 miles including belt change. New MoT done 29 Sept 2022. I have an invoice for the supply of 102db Termignoni exhaust system from 2006 but am not knowledgeable enough to confirm if this is on the bike.

I've dreamed of owning a Ducati since the 1970s and she's been fantastic taking me to Italy and back this year without missing a beat. Sadly with a stiffening body and in my mid 60s it's time for her to move on to someone else. Excellent overall condition. A bit of paint peel on the clutch and brake fluid reservoirs, and perhaps a slight mark or two on the seat from ferry straps.

#1 Charles Hunt, Sep 29, 2022
    Last edited: May 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. great bikes. GLWS.

3. Apologies, struggling to post images. Either have a look on Gumtree, or if interested I can send you some.

4. Have taken your email and phone number and area out of public view
    DB

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chris,

Many thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Finally managed to post a price reduction. Come and grab a bargain. She’s a lovely bike either for use or ornament. Shame I can’t get her up Two flights of stairs into the flat.

• Love You Love You x 1
  8. Very best of luck with your sale, and I share your body no longer liking the riding position. Can I please say I can see some critical details in your gumtree advert which would be best hidden?? The service invoice and the general area shown where you are. Just saying as nowadays there are so many people who are not as nice as us.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Good point. Phot removed. (I hope!)

10. Nope, invoice from moto boutique still showing, with details on it

11. Thanks, but that one's okay from a previous owner.

12. You say, "factory fitted Ohlins forks". That would make it a 999s, but the fairing decals simply say '999' not '999s'. Can you clarify?

13. My understanding is that this was a 'run-out' model for 2004 model year. The Ohlins forks were factory fitted as an enhancement to the base model. But, the rear shock is still the base model standard Showa shock. The S model would have a rear Ohlins as well.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

14. That would fit the Ducati, “Whatever we have lying around” mentality. And, yes, I was scratching my head over the rear Showa too! Thanks.

15. You're welcome. I suppose I look at it as part way between the base model and the 999S.

16. Further price reduction.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information