2007 Desmosedici 999 replica track bike by Ducati Corse???

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Exige, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Does anyone know of the 999's built by Ducati Corse to commemorate the 2007 Moto GP Championship.

Finding it really difficult to find any info on the web - it's as if the didn't exist! Not sure how many were built, strangely for Ducati Corse they appear to have been based on standard models (probably what they had left at the factory as I thing production stopped a year before they were made).

They were called Desmodici Casey Stoner Replica's I think.

Anyone know anything at all about these, numbers, spec etc?

Thanks, Stu

2. never heard of these,sure it was something from ducati themself?
    do you have a picture or so off one.

henk!!!

3. do they look anything like this..?

[​IMG]
    Untitled by clarkyboySE, on Flickr

thats my 748 in stoner Moto GP trim

4. Yes, I've seen an invoice for two of these from Ducati Corse to a UK dealer from 2007 - they had the standard clocks but no lights and slick tyres. 2007 GP Desmodici style bodywork.

5. They look exactly like that other than being 999's of course - do you know more?

6. I know the ones you mean, I do believe 2 were made they were a display bike and I am sure they did not have an engine. I don't think these were actually made by Ducati.

7. I know of three, all have Engines and were sold as track bikes. Two were purchased direct from Ducati Corse in 2007 by a UK dealer for 15,000 Euro's each. Just can't find any more info on the internet - not even a photo.

8. Im sure there was one on ebay last year

9. also.. estimate looks low for what it is!?

10. That's the fella

11. iirc, JHP bought 2 of these from Sandisk or Alice. they were used as a promotional props(D16 look-a-likes) They had no inj system, loom etc.

One was bought from JHP as is, as an office ornament, the other I think had the missing parts fitted and sold on as a track bike.

Dibble is your man, to find out more on these.

12. I took these photos at the Ducati Club Races, Assen in 2006

DSCF0106.jpg
    DSCF0107.jpg
    DSCF0108.jpg

DSCF0106.jpg

DSCF0107.jpg

DSCF0108.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. OMG, i want one.

14. That's why I'm asking - Bonhams have 3 for sale, all supposedly running. I've since found out more were made but not sure how many yet. Still searching. Strange they have base running gear on them and not Ohlins. Going to have a bid at the weekend - if anyone else is get in touch and we'll try not to bid against each other with 3 for sale!

15. Where's Dibble :) Does he visit often ?

16. I think these were made by a company called flamingo . These were a few years ago so probably long gone. Needed a new tank as well.

17. Do does drop in now and again, but can most be be found boring people to death on the Italian bike forum. He's a Facebook friend so I wiull ask him to have a lookie at this thread

18. Thanks for that :)

19. Hello

I brokered the sale of these bikes, they were the Bridgestone / SanDisk disply bikes and were basically standard 999's in various states of completion with MotoGP bodywork, they aren't Ducati Corse Limited Editions and have no real provenence, they were built purely to be pushed out on display at various events etc, they were in various states of completion and JHP picked them up and finished them off, they are effectively nothing more than tarted up 999's, good bikes but nothing special, they were the closest you'd have got at the time to a new but old 999 if that makes sense.

I can't remember whether it was 3 or 5 of them but they became mainly trackbikes and one definitely ended up as an ornament in some guys office, that may have been the one missing a complete lump. not all of them were runners, some missing looms, engine internals, ECU's etc ....

Hope this helps, I definately wouldn't be doing any bidding at Bonhams for one !!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information