2010 Hypermotard Instrument Cluster And Headlight Not Coming On Bike Won’t Start

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Destin wilde, Apr 13, 2022.

1. My bike got it’s cover taken off and it got soaked now my instrument cluster won’t come
    On I get a click from the starter I hear my fuel pump come on but it won’t even attempt to turn over just a click. I’m curious what could have happened I’ve checked all fuses and they are as they should be there’s only 7 of them.. any pointers or help would be greatly appreciated post back on thread or email me [email protected] thanks in advance… I’m
    Lost

2. Are you sure that your battery is fully charged? That sounds like a flat battery...

3. It’s reading at 12.2 volts

4. Just going through this with JenC's 796 Hypermotard . I charged the battery last weekend , put it on the bike and ran it upto temp ready for today , i started up up lastnight to make sure and it fired up second time . Got a phone call at work today from Jen saying the batteries flat
    So i rushed home and yes it was flat , i poped the battery off my 98 R1 ( same yasa battery) and put that on and after the fuel pump primed i hit the button and all i got was a click , i tried again and the dash went dead
    Tried the Hypermotard battery on my R1 and click , tried my battery back on the R1 and it fired first time , tried that battery back on the Hypermotard and it fired up straight away , turned it off and tried starting it 4 more times and it fired up all four times
    I think i have some digging to do .

Do Not Sell My Personal Information