2013 848 Evo 1040 Big Bore Kit

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by 1040, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Hi All
    Having made the transition from Jap bikes to a Ducati is a revelation on three fronts.

1) A piece of art
    2)A sound to die for
    3) Fun factor +10

I am looking to have the 1040 big bore kit fitted to the 848, but before doing so I would really appreciate any feedback from members who have gone down this path. I have read elsewhere that there are concerns with crankshaft main bearings.

I am sure this will be a very quick short stroke 1040cc Evo.

Cheers

Merv

2. Hi and welcome. Nice bike & even better project. Are you going with that German company for the kit?

Ian

3. Thanks for the reply Ian
    I have been looking online as no one here wants give any information on there sources of supply.
    The only one I have been able to track down is Ducshop in the U.S.A. I would be grateful for any
    information on alternative suppliers, the German company would be good to follow up.

4. The German supplier is Kamna

5. Welcome Dave. Is your bother called Chris? :)

6. Hello mate and welcome.

If you fit the big bore kit what will you do about stopping power? surely discs and caliper's will need upgrading all round ?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. buy a 1098

8. My 848 evo is a 2013 model they come standard with 1198 brakes which is a big plus and the cams are the same as the
    1198. This is a big plus in considering the big bore kit.

9. I certainly did considered the 1098, but the 848 was a steal and a big bore 1040 it
    surely would be wolf in sheep's clothing.Cheaper insurance!

10. buy an 1198 and put 848 fairing on.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. [​IMG]

12. Not sure about cheaper insurance unless your not declaring the mod. I have 3 bikes on one policy one of those is the 1199s my yearly premium is under £700 fully comp

13. Welcome. The easy option would be a bigger engine`d model but I like the individuality of your route. Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I dont think theres anything like a sleeper.Like it.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. That wouldn't be to scary to fit at all.
    You need to factor in gaskets and fueling as well.
    I did read a few very favorable threads on US forum re the results.
    DO it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Big Bore kit update. Purchased 1098 barrels and just waiting for Pistal pistons and 1098/1198 crank bearings. I have decided
    to carry out the complete upgrade myself being automotive tech. Once apart i will also be fitting a EVR slipper clutch and begin
    dropping some weight of the bike whilst apart. I weighed the bike with full tank 191 kg looking to get to sub 185kg.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Will be watching this one with interest. ;)

18. You'll drop 5Kg by fitting a lithium battery and alloy sub frame...
    I'm selling some forged wheels off my 848 that will drop it some more (but pretty sure the rear wheel won't fit) But my front would, and get you that extra kilo you need; and help it turn in! ;-)

19. Well @comesunt & @Cranker V2
    So are they the same size discs and breaks then? I always thought the bigger bike had upgraded breaks.
    More hp needs better stopping power?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information