1199 2014 1199s Vs 2020 V4s

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by iano, Apr 18, 2023.

1. So only about a month's ownership of my 1199s im blown away by it....but being the person i am (never happy lol) and btw i blame YouTube im seriously looking at trading up to a 2020 v4s.
    I dont do trackdays so purely only road use.
    Is it worth the upgrade or do i stick with what ive got??

Opinions?

2. Stock with it, I’m sure the 1199 is now becoming hard to find good ones, and you’ll regret it… just my opinion

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks
    Heres a pic of v4 734c2fc3-2301-4020-b76b-682abd004a70.JPG dc7d23c6-7c77-47fa-aac6-cf85fbed0d9a.JPG

4. Tbh im not sure bout aftermarket panel's

5. Tbh. My personal view is that it’s a bit of a dogs dinner. You are better waiting for a clean standard one. That just looks too messed with.

When I rode the 1199 it was immense, it’s rideable but with tons of character and can be really Leary! I think these 2013-2017 era Panigale’s are some of the best bikes out there

6. Cheers
    Kinda thinkin same tbh

7. Road use only? Do really need anything more than an 1199 Panigale? I doubt it. And it’s not like the V4 is a prettier machine either. And I own a V4S btw… :D

All modern super bikes are mental fast, way too much for road use. But what the hell, enjoy the insanity. Good luck pondering your options :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Keep the 1199

• Like Like x 1
  9. 1199. The four stroke that thinks it's a two stroke.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. well put, from someone who has ridden the V4, I haven't.

Where I can offer an opinion though, was that I had a 899 years back, and spent a bit of time riding the 959's etc (including around Jerez which was amazing but another story). I then gave up bikes for a bit but got tempted back by a 848 evo.

Anyway.... I decided a Panigale was the easier all round option to live with, was going to buy a 959 Corse as it had all the kit and loved the paint etc, but the Panigale V2 was announced. I had to jump on the newest bike with 'better' electronics, and 'better' chassis tweaks, and full LED lights etc etc...

Honestly it's the worse move I could have made, and I've now ended up back on a really clean 899. I think the issue is that the newest stuff is in the last few percentile, fine if you aren't paying for it, but if you are paying the sort of money that V4's and new V2's are, you have to ask yourself what you are getting over and above the 1199

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. If I am honest with myself, I preferred my old 1198 than my 1299S. We always hanker after the latest. I dont even use the electronics. I have it set and have left it alone since. Esp after running it in low power engine mode for the 1st week I had it ffs. I really miss the shove the 1198 had. Prob only bettered by the 1098R.

• Like Like x 3
  12. I've owned both, currently on a V4s, I never really got on that well with the 1199 on the road I preferred the older Twins....the V4s is much more compliant and flexible at sensible and not so sensible speeds and also a lot easier to manage on track ... For just road riding both are overkill as are all modern superbikes as has already been said... For the road I preferred the 1098r I traded in for the V4s over the 1199, and it's close between the V4s and the 1098... If I were you I'd give the 1199 a bit longer as you said you love it, but ultimately, ride the bike you wanna ride!!!

13. Wow, I hated my 1098R on the road. But absolutely loved it on track…

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeah, when I first got it I must admit I was a bit like wtf, how are you supposed to ride this thing, but I ended up really enjoying it once I got used to the mentalness of it all... I do miss it but am loving the V4 experience at the mo... My first Ducati was a 999s and if I'm totally honest, with my level of riding it's was probably the ideal bike in terms of power and handling and the feeling you could actually rag it a little bit...shame I hadn't got the trackday bug when I had it... Would love a 999r but not at the prices touted today!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Probably my ‘got away’ bike was a 999R. Sublime machine. Selling it will haunt me forever…. Drat! Way fast enough and those fairings were pure art… Like an absolute twat i actually rocked up for my first ever track day on it… fairings- the lot :laughing: I couldn’t understand the consternation surrounding me from fellow track day riders. Like ‘wtf are you doing ragging that round here??!’ It was 2006, it was Donington and the bike was brand new….

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Haha proper brave at Donny with a brand new one!! :astonished::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  17. I chopped my 2018 V4s for a 2015 Pani R. Then chopped that for a v2 Bayliss.
    I prefer the twins as I fit the bike better. Being short they are easier to reach the ground on. Best road bike? The v2. I’ve also had a 959 track bike which was epic (apart from it was too loud for most UK tracks).

• Like Like x 2
  18. V4S for me, but not with aftermarket fairing

19. Personally I would keep the 1199, as it is a far easier machine to work on than the V4 line. If truth be told my favourite bike was my 748SPS followed by the 999S I had. Still lust after a clean low mileage 999R to this day.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Went from a 1299 to v4 and v4s. The v4 bikes are easier to ride and smoother . But the twin I would say has a more of a character engine. Yea they are a bit lumpy low down but a change of sprocket and remap and they are much better to ride on low revs.
    When I had the v4 bikes I loved them but I did miss the thumping twin as i got more of a smile when opening it up.
    As others have said why change up but then again I did. I Guess life is made up of loads of experiences so if you can afford it why not, you dont have to keep the v4s forever if you decide to get one.
    If you have that itch then the chances are you will scratch it in the end so why wait .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information