2016 Ducati Desmosedici Gp16

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by TBR, Feb 24, 2016.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. Those wings are ridiculas

2. you won't be saying that if it starts winning races!

• Like Like x 1
  3. At least they're painted this year but that possibly makes them look bigger.

4. Should be sponsored by red bull

5. Or Tampax :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Looks like a Kawasaki from the front, first they copy Yamaha, now KHI :);):Angelic:

7. So. Ducati fugly has now come to their race bikes.
    Disappointing.

Let's be honest: it's hideous and we would be laughing our heads off if it was some other manufacturer.
    Ducati left in the dirt by Honda in the style stakes.... Not good, is it?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. It's certainly bold!

9. The BT Sport commentators never stopped banging on about them all last year. These should keep them busy for a while. :Wideyed:

10. Personally i couldn't care what it looks like. Ducati are playing a game within the rules to try and get wins/results. That's what racing is about, not a style exercise.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Yeah cause aerodynamic never did F1 any harm did it !!

12. Most people talk about anti wheelie downforce, but I read something about the wings perhaps being used to have an effect on cornering. I thought that was fascinating. Personally I think it's the next step to Pod racing a la Star Wars so can't be a bad thing!

13. I think I read it is to aid cornering too, when you lean into a corner the down force only acts on the inside wings or some such thing.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Available in Halfords?

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. I'm not going to second guess the Ducati engineers.
    They must have reams of data from wind tunnel testing and computer modelling and the like.
    But yes, the wings look hideous and either Ducati know something that the other manufacturers don't, or else they are barking up the wrong tree.

Of course, it's the results that count, but you'd prefer Ducati to win on a gorgeous bike rather than a minger.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. If another rider were to "accidentally" brush up against it and damage or knock off a wing, they will be instantly black flagged. Sure fire way of winning a duel when you're battling against a faster machine

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information