2017+ Monster 1200. Anyone Have The Ducati Tail Tidy?

Discussion in 'Monster' started by moz, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Hi All. Does anyone have a Ducati performance tail tidy fitted to a 2017+ 1200? I want to see how far out it extends from the brake light as opposed to the R&G or Evotech ones. Also, can anyone vouch for the efficiency of the stock tail piece in the mud and wet and is it worth finding one to re-fit to stop the spray?
    Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Who would ride a 2017 monster 1200 in mud?
    I have a R&G tail tidy, it is not a mudguard, so expect a bit of spray, also fitted a hugger which help keep the rear shock clean.
    Enjoy your monster.

3. I ride all my bikes all year round. They are not garage queens.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Here's mine.. Tail tidy small.JPG

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I think that one does extend out further than the Evotech one for sure.

6. Yes, my Evotech doesn’t extend that far....

7. I'm still not sure it would make much difference to the spray. It's probably a case of stock or live with it.

8. Here’s the Evotec tail tidy

C9F5690C-CF54-497A-AFF8-D14E77CC6F47.jpeg

9. on an aside, is that the sc project exhaust I spy there?

10. Yes it is Moz
    Very pleased with it.

46BC28A3-481F-431F-9894-A9F55C01C5C4.jpeg

11. I wouldn't normally bother with an exhaust but the paint is starting to peel off mine so I've been looking at them. I especially like the fact it has the CAT in it.
    How have you found the fuelling? Any need for a remap? And I guess that the "sc project" sticker is removeable judging from your pictures? My biggest worry is that it may be too loud, my bikes not a garage queen, it's subjective I know but how's the noise level?

12. I haven’t had to make any fuelling adjustments, in fact the bike runs smoother at low revs - less snatching.
    I may go for a remap at a later date just to fine tune the bike, but it’s designed to run the standard mapping.
    You have the option of attaching the SC Project sticker yourself and you may have a smaller one as well.
    The baffle fitted complies with UK noise regs but is slightly louder than standard, but not illegal (the baffle is held with a cap screw that has a spot weld on it to meet Euro4, but a little bit of force breaks the weld if you want to remove the baffle)

13. Cheers Mate. Sounds perfect then. I'm not a big fan of too loud exhausts so it should be fine. I have ummed and ahhed between yours and the titanium one but I do believe that the carbon one looks better on the monster.

14. Good luck with the purchase Moz!

15. @moz Evotech Performance Tail Tidy shown below.
    I got caught in a downpour a few times. Massive rooster tail !

Just to add to what Mark wrote about SC-Project:
    SC-P products are among the best quality exhausts you will find. Their craftsmanship is tops.
    With the baffle in place, decibels are slightly louder than stock but with a much more pleasing tone.
    Because of the baffle's flow restriction, a re-map is not required.
    However, that's not the case if your remove it. A re-map will re-gain the lost torque and add to the peak HP.
    Monster 1200R.jpg Monster 1200R  Dyno.jpg

#15 DarR, Apr 25, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information