3k Only, Using Scorpion Trail 2 Rear

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by RAY WYNN, May 28, 2024.

1. PREVIOUSLY i owned a multistrada 1200 s 2011 and got 6k out of a scorpion trail 2 rear. 3500 of that was scotland to east german,down to WDW and back by switzerland. psi was 38. now i have a multi p/p 1260 2019 and only got 3k out of the rear. psi at 36. have i burnt it out with an extra 10 hp and a quickshifter or has the quality of the rubber gone down ?. all the mileage was done on twisty roads with the DTC set at 4.

2. The Scorpions on my Mutley were swapped out early ahead of a trip after my experience with the same tyres on my MV Agusta Turismo two and a half years prior. Those lasted for 2,500 miles and necestated me limping home from the Picos with bald patches on the shoulders of the front tyre, thankfully only to the Santeder ferry and then back from Portsmouth, both in the dry.

Manufacturers negotiate for large orders from the tyre firms, more frequently than not these are specials built to a price without sacrificing ride quality or safety but usually lifespan from less tread depth (equals less compound and a saving).

I recall from my days with a number of VFRs, the VTECs came fitted with Bridgestone BT20 BBs, the latter designation being quoted as a special specifically for this bike. One would have innocently thought this was for some improvement to match the bike... That's until you measured the tread depth compared to a standard BT20...

3. Had exactly the same on my Multistrada 1200, that came with scorpion tyres. Front shot in under 2k, a Scotland tour included.
    Liked them when new but not consistent wear and way under touring tyre expectations for mileage.

4. Ive never got over 3k miles on any tyres on my 7 years of owning my DVT, Mitchelin road5 OEM or metzler m7 and m9 but my last tyres I was recommended to try continental road attack 4s ....Wow, I'm currently sitting on 3.6k. 200 miles local riding, 2.1k was done on a Euro tour 2 up, just came back from 4 days hoooning around Inverness and west coast 1.5k and I'm confident In another 2up tour next week of approx 900 miles. They have been fantastic and still have a great shape to them

5. thanks, i will keep them in mind

6. Thread moved

Do Not Sell My Personal Information