748 5 spoke Marchesinis - What colour?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by duke63, Mar 25, 2014.

1. So i picked up a set of 5 spoke Marchesinis for a decent price. They looked in decent nick paintwise but the packaging tape peeled some of it off so i may as well get them professionally powdercoated before i fit them.

So what colour shall i go for? Gold or black? :)

Let's see your wheels.

Its for a 748 red BTW. Monoposto seat so going for the racebike look.

2. gingham...:upyeah:

3. Misty buff

4. I think the standard grey colour goes with the frame, however if they were magnesium I would paint them gold

IMG_0964.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. My frame is gold.

Can't believe the weight difference. The rear is about 5lbs lighter.

6. :D That takes me back...

7. That means you can eat more pies. That's a win-win :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Anyone know what these wheels are from? the hubs are slightly different ( and it would appear lighter) from any others i have seen.

[​IMG] Rear

[​IMG] Front

9. I liked this combination when I built my last bike a 748S (Bip) with a 748R engine in, I think it works.

IMG_0428.JPG IMG_0429.JPG IMG_0430.JPG

IMG_0427.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  10. BLACK

Ducati July 2013 005.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  11. Black is Soooooo yesterday Darlings

12. i have gold in my 916 and i like it

henk!!!

13. Mine are black. I have the magnesium ones. Gold looks good too but i flipped a coin literally as I was undecisive. Black won.

14. Gold, but not any old bright gold, that subdued gold Ducati use. Use a Ducati standard paint code too.

My old M1100S had gold wheels and the big rear wheel was a thing of beauty. Not sure why Ducati have virtually dropped gold wheels from their current range, except SL, afaik.

15. Colours of wheels do go through phases, I remember when Suzuki went through a white wheel phase, look at how many cars at the moment have black wheels in their line up. Black is really the in colour after many years of silver wheels, the problem is it has become too common all of a sudden.

16. Go gold, I have a real thing for them just now. Whilst the pic is of the bike with different/similar wheels, the colour is stunning.

Jap 998R.jpg

955 Corsa.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  17. Thats a handsome 998R. :upyeah:

18. My track hoe...:Happy:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information