For Sale 600/750/900 Ss Fuel Tank - Needs Work.

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing For Sale' started by Nasher, Dec 29, 2016.

1. I admit it, I’m not a Paintwork sort of guy.

I can design stuff, machine it, weld it, bolt it all together and even completely rewire it, but I never get a paint finish I’m happy with, and this time of year with only a cold garage I don’t stand a chance.

This tank has been worrying me ever since it turned up with my latest project.

It’s from a 1994 600SS that didn’t have that many miles on it, it’s got a bit of rust on the bottom corner as shown in the image, but I don't know if it's gone right through, and has been sealed at some stage with a brown resin. This is now only covering the bottom of the tank as can be seen in the internal image.
    The bottom is very solid, and it obviously needs to be repainted.
    I have the little prop to go back on it, but no fuel pump, sender, or cap.

I was going to buy a pot of the sealant removal stuff, do any welding it needed doing, reseal it, then get it painted.

But a cheeky pre-xmas offer on one of the expensive ebay ones in good condition was accepted, so now this one can go to somebody with the skills to sort it out and I can get on with my project.

I’ve not put any fuel in it to see if it leaks as at the moment it’s bone dry and in a good state for somebody to start working on.

I'm really not sure what it's worth as it is, but very good ones appear to go for @£400 on Ebay.

I'd like to think I can get @£150 for it, but thought I'd stick it on here before ebay?

I don't really want to post it, if I do it will be expensive, and it will probably be a week or so before I could do it.
    So I'd rather it was collected from Clanfield Hants, or possibly Havant Hants during working hours.

Nasher.

600SS Tank 1.jpg 600SS Tank 2.jpg 600SS Tank 3.jpg 600SS Tank 4.jpg

2. And these will be going up later unless anyone on here makes me a good offer first.

Nasher
    Swingarm.jpg LH Pass Footrest.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information