749r after market part identification help

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by THJ, May 25, 2013.

1. Have just picked up my new 749r and have been having a blast! Can't believe how light & more powerful it is compared to my old 749, it's even more fun that my 1098s!

It has a load of aftermarket parts fitted.

Not sure what this little switch next to speedo is? It's wire runs down to foot gear change lever and there is a small LED box inside fairing, but it doesn't actually appear to do anything? LED light doesn't come on with switch in either position.

Apologies for my ignorance, I'm sure the experts on here will know exactly what it is and how to check its working properly. Advice most welcome.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. It's the vto button! When u reach 160 it takes off.

3. It's either an auto-destruct device or a switch for a quick shifter.

Someone sensible will be along shortly to tell you everything.

4. Someone has fitted that for whatever reason, definitely not standard fit. Never seen anything like that box before.

5. switch for a quick shifter....

6. Looks like a Translogic quickshifter, can you tak an image of the gear lever and the linkage if its not running corse style rearsets

7. Quickshifter it is ;) Wahay!!!! Just had immense fun round the bends on the way back home stamping down & up the gears without using the clutch lever.

Never having used a quickshifter before... Are there any negatives to using it? Seems a waste to switch it off? Track & fast sweeping road use only or still good for blasting through the city and stop start filtering?

image.jpg

8. i wouldnt try to use it coming back down the gearbox as it wont work that way and could cause harm to the bike and or you...........just use it up the gearbox as in 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 to 5 to 6!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. These are a great piece of kit.

ONLY cuts the ignition shifting up the box so don't shift down without clutching :)

I don't use them from 1st to second as for me the shift is too long for the kill time unless its had some time spent on it? Dyno wise... It's also set not to trigger until a minimal amount of revs probably doesn't cut the ignition until about 6 thou so caution and clutch below that.

Speak to the previous keeper and hell give you the full "s.p"

Ducati are renowned for being notoriously difficult to set up so it really is important to speak to the previous keeper.

Hope that doesn't come across as mein fuhrer type information??

Have fun

Q

10. Thanks for info guys most helpful :)

11. What other bits has it got on it? Looking forward to seeing a piccy of it sometime!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information