899 899 Mirrors

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Mongoose, Oct 30, 2023.

1. I've owned my 899 for six year now and it's been a fantastic bike but recently I've noticed my mirrors have started to fold in at high speeds. Has anyone found a way of tighting them up? At first glance there doesn't seem any obvious way and I just can't justify the price of Rizoma mirrors and I'm not sure they suit the bike.
    I've used bar end mirrors before and didn't get on to well with them and I quite like the look of the OE ones so I would prefer to stay with them. Any info would be much appreciated. Cheers.

2. There’s no way to tighten them up, they are riveted together and as they wear they go loose. One of mine started to do it so I made some shims (out of a milk bottle of all things) that slide in where it pivots from to take out the slack, been in a year and still working. Takes a bit of fiddling to cut out the right shape but once done it’s an invisible fix.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. one of mine vibrates more than the other, i was wondering about wrapping dental floss tightly at the swivel so it packs it out a bit

was only wondering tho

4. I've still got the mirrors on my latest one but im going to get the indy block offs when it goes for its spring time service.
    If you can wait that long i may be able to do you a deal on a new set/my old ones (which are mint) :)

5. Following on from the above post can someone explain why these Daemon mirrors are over £600 (inc VAT)? What am i missing value wise?

Does anyone own a pair and can confirm their worth?

They look lovely but was a little more than i was looking at spending and may just go with the indy block offs as first intended.

Mirror.PNG

edit: read the bumph now doing some man maths to see what i can get for my stock mirrors towards it

#5 Red899, Jan 24, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2024
  6. I've got a set on a my Pani V4S. Excellent mirrors, very adjustable. The mirror glass itself swivels as well as the arms. They're small, so view to the rear isn't fantastic, but they do the job and look awesome. I've had Rizoma stealth on another bike, I much prefer the DB Race as they more adjustable and similar views to the rear in the mirrors.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Thanks that’s really useful, so what are the forum thoughts on the red carbon option? Too lary?

IMG_6394.png

8. Solid black alloy for me and yes, expensive but quality.

33B84E1F-8017-4188-B58E-93F49151EEAB.jpeg 71B5DEE8-C24D-44B1-A9E5-298F5AF8D65F.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information