916 916s Pipes

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Cream_Revenge, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Hey

Anyone know if the 916s came with a 45mm to 50mm set of pipes as standard or was it 45mm all the way?

Cheers

2. 916 was 45mm as standard.

3. I think I have a set if anyone needs them.

4. I was trying to find a cheaper way of getting a 45mm-50mm link pipe.

5. I've got some 45mm carbon Termis if needed

6. 45-50 mm link pipes always go for a premium, although picking up 50 mm slip cans can be cheaper. A 748R system which is a full 50mm system could be easier to get hold of.

7. I was dead set on 50mm due to the sound.

I have been googling though and some say the 45mm-50mm REDUCES power due to a big flat spot.

I'm about to ask the question after I finish ogling Chizel's rebuild pics. Man, that rear shock is sweet.

8. The bike will need setting up properly to get the best out the system but that really applies to even fitting 45 mm pipes. A custom map is by far the best way to go but make all modifications before contemplating it.

CJS are the people for the job.

9. Or at the very least get a chip, speak to JHP

10. Just had a nice chat with a guy at JHP, he recons for a 996BP its best to stick to a 45mm anyway other wise its over piped (or something, he started to get technical).

11. 748's certainly don't like 50 mm systems despite some models having half and full systems as standard, even the base 998 uses a 45 mm system although the 998S uses a 50 mm. If that's what JHP reckon then I would go with what they recommend.

12. My thoughts exactly.

13. These are them, let me know if interested :)

Termis.jpg Termis ii.jpg

14. They look lovely/perfect but to be honest now is not a great time (post Christmas) to be spending that sort of cash.

Unless they are a bargain, to good to refuse, etc, etc. ;)

Lovely looking bike btw.

15. £20 and a bag of wotsits is indeed a bargain.:upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

16. Is that a track bike? Where are your rear lights?

17. I have a termi 45-50mm link for sale. Will sort a decent price if interested

18. @Tommy B , thanks but I think I'm going to go with 45mm now after doing some more research.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information