94 900 Ss Certificate Of Conformity

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Tom.not.thomas, Jun 23, 2024.

1. Hey! Recent member and very new owner of a 94 900 SS. It was UK bike before being exported and now brought back to the UK but I want to go through the process of re-registering it so I can get it back on the original L plate.

As part of the UK registration process, I need to add in information about the bike from a certificate of conformity (CoC). I’m struggling to find it and was hoping someone here could help.

Also, going through Ducati to get the CoC and that’s been a few weeks, anyone had any luck or got any tips?

Thanks and pic of the bike.

IMG_2867.jpeg

2. Thanks, I’m pretty keen to get the original plate back too. I understand that I need to go through the V765 form process and use an owners club for this. Link - https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5de4ef2740f0b650b4d18ac4/v765.pdf

Is that something that happened after I go through the DVLA process that you linked or at the same time?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I brought a bike back in UK from isle of mann, I just asked DVLA for the original plate back and they gave it to me, can't remember tho if I had to fill in a form
    Got the J888 SPP plate back for my 888SP4 for next to nothing

4. Interesting! Did you just fill in the V55/5?

If so, what did you fill in for all the information required in the form? There seems to be some really technical information required that I would only be able to pull from the certificate of Conformity.

Did you write a cover letter as well as submitting the form asking for the original?

Cheers.

5. If it was first registered in the UK, I'd try to talk to someone at DVLA to find that original reg using the frame number as a reference. If you can get the original reg number, things might be a lot simpler.

6. I’ve got the original registration, know the frame number and have had the nod from HMRC that we’re ok for tax and duties. I just don’t know what I need to submit with what information. The V55/5 looks like it needs all the information from a certificate of conformity but unsure. And then do I need to submit the V765 and have to speak to an owners club about getting it inspected? And then is this concurrent or one after the other? Thanks again!

7. Have a look at form V62. As you have the initial registration, are you essentially the new keeper but without a V5?
    Might still be worth talking to DVLA, as having that original reg could be a good shortcut to a 'replacement' V5

8. Guy who had the bike knew the old reg so I asked for it, I definitely didn't do a CoC, iirc they confirmed the plate was available, I requested it and did a registration transfer, was a few years ago mind

9. 10 years, cripes

2023-11-11.jpg

10. I'm sure DVLA told me what form to use, I remember it being straight forward

Do Not Sell My Personal Information