999 Front number board

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Bluehawk, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Hi All

On the cusp of buying a 999 and if all goes well, the one I'm having I'd like to put a front number board on. Who sells a reasonable selection and is there a difference in quality?

Cheers

G

2. McDuke.jpg I wanted a number board on my 749 to help prevent stone chips, I didn't really like the normal style available from Ducati, so found a company in the States that made a Xerox style vinyl number board. It cost about £50, looked great and covered more of the front than other options.

McDuke.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. If you're getting a facelift 999(05) I have a nosecone with numberboard fitted if you want to swap, its off the bike(spare) and in vgc.
    I'm in Essex.

By the way 03-04 and 05-06 use different numberboards as the screen and fixing screw holes are not the same.

#5 900streetfighter, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  4. The Image Works "google them"

Will make any shaped number board you want. Can supply as vinyl decal, or gell style.

5. Thanks for all the replies, especially like the board in post #3 that takes in the light as well....:upyeah:

6. Yep - that's the one for me. I know a Vinyl Wrapping company in Yeovil, Somerset - and I think they might be able to do something very similar. That picture has given me the shove to get it done!

7. SR Sign Design Race Replica and Custom Motorcycle Stickers and Decals

Seen as you liked the number board, I've gone through old emails to find the company I got it from. I originally bought it through ebay,but can't find it on ebay now.I'm sure it was less than £50 and they put on the customs form the cost of the vinyl (very cheap) to keep the tax down. They also emailed a fitting guide.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information