999 Project finished - Nearly

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Redand Grey, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Hi,

A while back I joined this forum and also advertised for a 999R and I had explained that I couldnt find what I was looking for - well anyway I did finally get something...more than I bargained for.... however I thought I would let you see how I have been passing the 4 months during the crap weather. As it snowing here today in Buckinghamshire !!! I have finally got the website done - Anyway here it is with just one last job to do

www.my999.co.uk

The images are not as good as they could be as the light is limited in the garage and also the flourescent is not good. Maybe get some better overall images when we get a nice day.

Thanks to all who have helped me via PM's and the general questions I have asked in the past

Roll on real Springtime :)

2. You are officially a 'Ducati Addict'

3. ChrisW -Yes it does feel like I have lost control - My wife would offer another word...I'm sure

4. Looks lovely, the bike looks fresh out of the crate!

Wish the pictures were a bit bigger though!

5. Well I can try and adjust that but I think it messes with the image positioning - Try that if you are still on line

6. No good on ipad, shame the few pics I can see look good

7. Bike looks great and the site looks good as well. As mentioned before, it could do with some bigger pics. I really like the layout and colour scheme on the site thou :smile:

8. Thanks Guys, - I will look into the site and see what I can do re IPAD ....Im no webmaster

9. Nice work fella.

10. Think its because its a flash website, and apple and adobe dont get along :rolleyes:

11. I can view all the 999s photos on iPad no problems, I just click on to the picture and it goes full screen..:biggrin:

One very nice bike though, might have to change my 749 for a 999 now.

#11 hyabusa47, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  12. Hello again Guys - Thanks for the feedback - I dont have an IPAD but the Mrs does and I have just brought up the site using it - From her IPAD I have to say it works really well - As you say hyabusa47 just touch the small images and it basically fills the IPAD screen.

13. Been re-looking at the pics, I wouldn't sell it, I'd keep it as an investment. MCN last week had a small write up page 61 on the 999 and more and more people are realising that its quirky looks and brief production run are something of a catch. I got my 749 for the looks not the speed as owning several 1000cc bikes realised I was missing the point. Once again a very very bike, tell the misses you need to keep it. Ha ha

14. Thanks - I really like the way it looks.... 749/999 whatever, the styling I think is striking - Maybe MCN has it right I dunno but I can just look at the bike and feel good about it with the comfort that its something just a little different from main stream - If it goes up in value well thats a bonus. Missus - well the strategy I need to work on it - I didnt roam hundreds of miles just to sell either of them - However probably need to make a 'give' of some form to secure them both....Hmmm

15. In which case there arent many. It has a link on the side which says the 'your browser needs to update flash, so is running a text version only' and there is no sign of a T9R. How many pics are there? There are about 4 or 5 in total when I looked

16. Very nice.....but then i do love 999's

Nige

17. Hi Bradders - There are menus on the left hand side of the site or in my wife's IPAD they are at the top - One of the menus is entitled 999S - On that tab there are 23 images - 20130317-DSC_9080.jpg i have attached one here

20130317-DSC_9061.jpg and another

20130317-DSC_9080.jpg

20130317-DSC_9063.jpg

20130317-DSC_9061.jpg

#17 Redand Grey, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  18. redand! super dooper job ... never seen a bike as concours ready as this one!
    can ik bring mine? :)

19. That 999 is so clean I feel dirty just looking at it, when you unveiling the R bike.

20. Top job!! I'll have another squint (looks worth it)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information