999R paint job advise needed !

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by kope999R, Jan 4, 2013.

1. #1 kope999R, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  2. A

But B with no white on the fairing and a black screen would look good too.

3. Here's the style I went with on my 999

IMG_0073.jpg IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. same for me. Why don't you start a poll?

5. Like A. Always think if the side view is all one colour it looks too "blocky" and the red/black thing is always nice

6. B for me. But maybe not even the small amount of white on the screen. Either looks great tho.

• Like Like x 1
  7. i really really really think the 999 is sooooooo fantastic looking ( not in a sexual way though ), always did does that make me weird.

red with white tail for me :upyeah:

8. A- for me, but instead of white number boards, carbon showing through with white boarder. :upyeah:

9. a is fantastic the carbon showing on the belly pan looks great i did that to my r and get lots of compliments

10. All red with white rear number boards.

11. I prefer the looks of A

12. My offering

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. A - With no white line on the fairing and the screen in option B

14. View attachment 9816 View attachment 9817

tx for all the comment and votes...

been pondering on averything that has been said and some gooood looking examples here...
    have tried to keep the bike as clean and balanced as possible to keep serenity ...

this is what i may come up with finally the moment i can buy some unpainted fairings on a steal... enough money havong gone into this one as it is...

so, just to cover the mess behind the dash i'll put some white running up along the side
    the entry to the airbox will be left carbon and on the bottom their will be a band carbon running paralel with the underside.. i figure in the end the SP3 side stripes bring it out of balance...

i hopy you all enjoy it !

15. Version A for the fairing lowers, but with the black and white line coming up higher (so there is more black)....but I prefer version B for the nose, with Glid's idea of a black screen.

AL.

16. Done mine the other way round. Painted the top and left the sides carbon .

DSC00913.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  17. A for me too :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information