999s Paint job.

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by jacknell, May 11, 2012.

1. What do you think is the best aftermarket paint scheme to do on a 2004 999s. Paint works looking tried with stone chips and wondered what you guys would do. Pictures would be great.

2. Are you thinking race rep, if so the Xerox is the one for me personally. It would have to be on a 05 shape to be correct though inho. Airwaves Blackmint looks good but again it needs the newer shape. At Monza a few years back I saw a nice tricolor job with a large wings logo on the side that looked really good, I'll see if I can find a pic.

3. The only one.....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1336756351.371203.jpg

Bayliss rep....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1336756351.371203.jpg

4. 2004... Nori Haga

Ducati%20999%20Haga%20Koji%20(1).jpg

• Like Like x 5
  5. I forgot about nitro!

6. awsome!

7. You could just go for fresh red with white number boards front and back.

If looking for a race rep, then Baylis xerox.

Heres another option, check out the image works web site. They have pics of my all carbon 749, in Xerox race kit, all done in decals, no paint at all.

For less than a few hundred £, you could tidy your bike up with a professionally fitted decal kit.

The Image Works Vinyl Graphics

#7 Carbon749, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
  8. 999 Tricolore.JPG

Here's my recommendation !

999 Tricolore.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nori one does it for me

10. Either 749 in RAF colour that Ed did art off on Ducatisti (also was one in red arrows and French equivalent) or senna749_ed.jpg

senna749_ed.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. This is what I'd probably do:

1. Think of a brand that I particularly liked (not cars or bikes, obviously)
    2. With a professional, create a faux race rep of what the bike would look like if sponsored by the brand. So you could do Cornflakes, or Bovril, Marmite, Ovomaltine or Curly Wurly, Johnnie Walker Black Label or something.
    3. Pick a number you'd like to have for the number boards.
    4. Add in some belly pan sponsorship from the usual suspects like Champion, Shell blah blah.

There you have it. A totally personalised race-rep. Should keep everyone guessing. After all, do you really want to advertise photocopiers?
    There have been some great brands in the past: Nescafé (Suzuka 8 hours) Cadbury's Boost. OK they weren't on Ducati, but so what?

• Like Like x 2
  12. When I was looking for my 999 I found a nice Xerox one, and was talked out of it by Mrs CJ - she couldn't believe I wanted a bike sponsored by a Photocopier Company!

The next one I looked at was a Fila rep. She couldn't believe it........ "First it was photo-copiers, and now it's Chavvy track-suits" was her comment!!!

I guess some folks just don't understand, but that Nori one defo does it for me!

13. What about a Senna in Silver instead of grey.

There are piccis on google of a silver one and it looks really nice.

14. Well one day I seen this: IMAG0045.jpg IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Lovely looking bike JC :upyeah:

One small thing though, that tail unit looks lovely but it does leave a lot of exhaust sticking out at the back. Just an observation. :biggrin:

16. Here's mine.. IMG00002-20111106-0919.jpg

IMG00002-20111106-0919.jpg

17. You guys make me want to have a 749s or 999 again!!!!!!! It will never end!!

18. Hey thanks guys for all your insperation, there is some geat paint scheme on this thread.... Still unsure tho.

19. +1 on the nitro Nori colours that would look the mutz nuts

Do Not Sell My Personal Information