A picture of my new Desmosedici

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Dave, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Just seen this picture on Ducati Glasgow's FB page - a picture of my bike posing with Debbie Evans (the stunt rider on the 996 in The Matrix). I'm guessing that the bloke is Martin Rees, the MD.

Doesn't she look gorgeous (my bike that is!)

310386_10151067580590488_1742384533_n.jpg

310386_10151067580590488_1742384533_n.jpg

#1 Dave, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Bit of a trek to pick it up Dave :upyeah:

But yes, looks fab.

Maccaa

3. Can't see it on my iPad :frown:

4. Works on mine , have you just gone to iOS 6?

5. I can, get yourself a decent iPad :tongue:

6. Congrats! Gorgeous bike!

7. Can see it now :smile:

Not sure why it didn't show before :rolleyes:

8. Seen it in the flesh last week when i picked up my bike after a bit of work done to her, it looks even better in the flesh! When you picking her up? Would love to hear the noise out of those gp pipes!!

9. She is being PDI'd by the end of the week and then transported down to JHP for fuelling and suspension setup before being delivered to me on 1st or 2nd October. I can't get may hands on her sooner as I am away on business all next week in Edinburgh (ironically) and then Dubai.

10. I could have been jealous.

But it's OK. I'm just envious.

11. Ps - have you noticed it's orange? :wink:

12. Ducati Motogp bikes are all orange. Something to do with the way the colour looks on TV i believe.

13. Morning,

duke63, i think El T was pulling Dave's leg.

Maccaa

14. Is the bike new?...........where has it been since it was made?

15. +1 to that! You're a lucky guy, really hope we can get a Ducati Forum meet organised somewhere next year where we can all get to admire this in the flesh!

16. Was that picture taken before Debbie Evans took it out to practice her stunt riding throught the Glasgow traffic... Oh sorry didn't you know? :biggrin:

very nice :upyeah:

17. Hi Andy. Yes it is brand new, zero miles, never even started before its PDI today. Martin Rees, owner and MD of Ducati Glasgow bought it in 2008 - it is one of the last ones produced. He planned to display it in his house but never got it out of storage at his shop so that is where it has been, under a cover, for the last four years.

Once Ducati Glasgow have done the PDI, it will be delivered to JHP in Coventry for fuelling and suspension setup before being delivered to me in first week of Oct. I can't wait but I'm away on business till then so I can't get it any sooner.

18. Awsome machine,congratulations. Looking forward to decent pics when you finally get your hands on it.:upyeah:

19. Awesome that you get a nice lady stunt-rider thrown in. I've always said that Martin is a generous fella.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information