Almeria May 2023

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Android853sp, May 9, 2023.

1. Another sh*t day in paradise :D
    20230509_112625.jpg

20230509_112621.jpg
    Day to 2 of 4. Andy

• Like Like x 3
  2. Good luck Andy. As your braking for the penultimate corner from back straight, cast your eye on the dent on the side of the cafe. It helps moderate you a bit. :D

Im there in June. To thuppeny bit all the corners and get in a mess.

• Like Like x 1
  3. After putting a tarmac run off on the little left right chicane prior the the looong right hander onto the back straight, they have now put speed humps to stop you cutting it. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. The chicane is the only bit im ok at :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Very hot here this afternoon, even my eyebrows are sweating :joy: Andy

6. the previous deep sand pit was enough to make people avoid running across it at all costs... seems the tarmac made life boring

7. Fukken hell mate, you got some ice packs?? :sun::sun::sun::sun::sun:

8. Yeah that was deep. I once went straight on there and how I stayed on I’ll never know… :astonished:

9. Plus I am breaking in a new laguna seca 5 1pc. But I have my trusty Leatt CoolIT vest. These work a treat.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Metzeler TD Slicks didn't quite make it through day 3 but for a first go, I like them. Got Racetec RR K3s to see me through, a tyre I'm familiar and confident with. A bit cooler today although not by much, only 26⁰C :D with a lovely cooling breeze coming down off the mountains. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'll be trialling Mich Cup2 for a change. Im not good enough for slix and am too tight to pay for warmers. Wasnt happy with Pirelli SCv3 last year. No feel, felt vague. Possibly the heat?

12. IIRC pre scamdemic times, they never ran TDs at Almeria in the summer as it was far too flippin' scorchio!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Im not chasing times yet Nelson. Once Ive strung the lap together I might. Im ok T7 onwards, but T1 to T6 still alludes me. Mainly T3 (horseshoe). I fuck that up every fucking time.

14. Be interested to hear how they wear in comparison. I like the TD slicks a lot.

15. I struggled a lot with them on my R1 in Cartegena, they would be okay for about 2-3 laps then just get looser and looser, all the moments I was having were edge grip moments, often on the first touch of throttle, as soon as the bike was stood upright a touch they gripped okay.

Had a similar thing in Jerez and just put it down to temp as it was 35 degree ambient!! but they would suddenly just let go after about 5 laps on a Daytona 675, and I'm sure that's what contributed to my mate launching himself to the moon onto the back straight.

As you said, by Day 3 they are toast, so I personally now think having better 'safety' in a tyre that lasts 1.5 days means you get the full 3days with decent grip.

I know people have had good experience with the TD slicks so I'm not trying to slag them off, but I've just had some experiences that I'm not sure I'm comfortable about going forwards with them

16. Have you tried continental slicks, used them for a few years now. Last really well ,especially the fronts

17. I tried some Dunlop 213 cut slicks at Aragon a couple of weeks ago.
    25 degrees and usual wind.
    They are like the bike is on rails and really hard to provoke into slide. I set a new “late and hard” PB braking into T12 starting where the red/white kerbs are on the right.
    Wear seems excellent with at least three days from the rear on a 150 bhp bike.

18. I ran a set of TD slicks at Cartagena in March. About 22 degrees. Did three days on one set but considerably slower on day three. Great tyres imho.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information