Almeria Tyres - June

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by bootsam, Apr 18, 2023.

1. SC1 front and SC2 rear? Or go SC0 both? On a 1299S.

2. probably the harder compound, it's fairly hard on tyres there.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I’m there for our annual 4 days in a few weeks and IME, the surface is abrasive. Last year, I did almost 600 miles in the 4 days on the Multistrada and went through a pair of Pirelli Supercorsa SC’s (IIRC SC1 F & SC2 R) in the first 2 days and mostly through a pair of Metzeler Racetec RR SC3 in the last 2 days. I’m trying Metzeler TD slicks this year which I anticipate are unlikely to last much into the second day and have a pair of the RR SC3s which will hopefully last for the rest of the time. I would definitely recommend you take take a spare set of front brake pads as well, late braking at the end of the 1 kilometre back straight is a killer. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. The Metzelers last well, I had a set for Cartagena in November and did 2 full days and the rear was done on the morning of the 3rd day.

If you are used to Pirelli levels of grip I'd be interested as to how to get on, in Cartagena I was having massive slides at full lean just as I touched the throttle, which was playing with my nerves quite a bit!!! I spoke to a few people who have had similar issues with them when they get hot after 2-3 laps pushing.

They are good value, but I think I'd just spend the extra on pirelli slicks next time.

agree btw about brake pads, even with the Daytona 675r at Almeria we used a lot of brake pad in 3 days.

5. I'm back in Sept 22nd. Last time I ran Mich Pilot Cup 2's which were infinately better than the supercorsa sp v3 i ran previously. This time I may be on slix. Warmers bought...

6. Hope that works for you. I couldn't keep enough heat in the Metzeler TD Slicks and wrecked them. Gone back to preferred Racetec RR K3’s. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information