V4 Any Tips For Tidy Satnav Wiring

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by John W, Jul 21, 2024.

1. The V4 Rally has arrived (yay) so i spent a bit of today fitting heated grips, keyless filler and satnav mount.
    All generally went well although getting to the connectors under the front of the tank was a bit of a mare. I didnt want to disconnect the tank cross pipe as its got some weird crimps on both ends of the hose, not jubilee clips, and couldnt find an intermediate joint like the enduro has.

Also, no idea why they put the connector for the immobiliser antenna under the tank (see picture), when putting it under the right panel would allow you to remove it from the bike rather than having to unscrew it from the panel. The cable is long enough to do so.

Getting the usb socket out of the left hand panel was a bit like the crypton factor. Not obvious how to remove it but got there in the end (it has a clip on the inside that slides off).

Pictures below of the keyless fuel cap off my Enduro, now fitted to the Rally. This shows the difference in length of the filler tube. I am hoping it doesnt cause an issue, we shall see. I have read people having issues with the charcoal canister getting saturated if they over fill the tank and then the bike running poorly at low revs, so I will be watching out for that.

As per the thread title, has anyone found a tidy way of running the satnav cable ?
    I didnt realise I had OCD but I think i might have after watching some videos of people fitting the mounts and their wiring o_O
    I want the wiring as hidden as possible but not hinder the screen operation.

Next job, fit the rad guards and paint protection film :yum

20240721_171331.jpg

20240721_171336.jpg

20240721_202640.jpg

20240721_203804.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Do you mean to hardwire a sat nav supply? If so there’s a 12v supply waiting under the right side fairing.

3. Thanks Senoj, I found that. What i mean is the routing of the cable between the mount and connector.
    I hate cabling flapping about.

I took most of the nose apart tonight and there isnt an obvious way of hiding it, as any holes need to be able to fit the end through. So for now it simply goes behind the dash but I've not given up finding a better way yet ;)
    Its a shame ducati didnt design in a channel to route the cable, given that they provided a mounting point and a connector.

4. IMG_3388.jpeg IMG_3387.jpeg IMG_3386.jpeg
    Done this on mine , secured the cable via a clip which allows the the cable to be placed around the clocks with a fixed twist which allows the up and down and the cable remain almost hidden .

• Like Like x 2
  5. The engineer got the better of me at the weekend, and I had to address the satnav cable.
    The following 2 pictures show what the screen mechanism looks like in up and down positions.

When on the bike the only bit of wiring in sight is the bit that goes to the actual gps mount itself :)

20240726_141324.jpg

20240726_141333.jpg

#5 John W, Jul 29, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information