Anyone Able To Recommend Someone To Setup My Suspension?

Discussion in 'Suspension help' started by Sicilian, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Guys, anyone able to recommend somone to setup suspension settings on my MV F3?
    Need some close to Hertfordshire / North London if possible.

2. If no one comes along short term, type in the search box top righthand corner suspension set up.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Like Like x 1
  3. I’m in north London, Had mine done by Traxden in Park Royal. The owner’s raced Ducatis in the past, seems to know his stuff

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks guys, going to call Traxden and Steve Jordan.

5. Just given them a call, they're only 45mins away from me. I'm going arrange a booking with them prob week after next.

• Like Like x 2
  6. +1 for Steve Jordan, he's done two of my bikes and it makes a night and day difference

• Like Like x 2
  7. I've still yet to get my F3 setup, will be in the New Year now.

8. In that area, Steve Jordan. Both him and his missus are racers as well and have good rep

• Like Like x 2
  9. Have you tried reaching out to Dave Moss? He does remote suspension setup via video calls as well, if he is not close enough

10. He's defo far away lol!

Tbh took here out for another ride last Saturday, getting to know the bike better now. It feels to me like she needs some extra dampening to the rear, i'm going to try that first.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Costs nothing to have a go yourself :upyeah: One idea many of these suspension gurus talk about is go max to min, so you get to feel the difference, then steadily work from there. Make sure you write down where it is now, in case you go entirely wrong direction! Enjoy the fiddle ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. I had my F3 800 RC set up by PGP in Eastleigh for Portimao. Paul did say the Sachs rear shock would struggle on track and he was not wrong. The Marzochis simply could not cope either. The brakes had no bite and vibrated into T1 & T5.
    So now looking for Ohlins internals, race pads, clip-ons for wider stance and a better front master cylinder. I picked up a TTX and 95 weight spring.
    Could use some rear sets as well if the give better ground clearance and race shift.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I’ve just ordered a Nitron cartridge kit, worth considering IMO and come recommended by the guys I spoke to as a cost effective option. Had lots of correspondence with the guys at Nitron to get what I think I want. Andy

14. Dare I ask how much? Includes springs?

15. Guys, quick question. I'm assuming to add dampening I turn the bottom screw on the shock anti-clockwise a couple of turns?

16. I had my F3 pretty much on the Dave Moss settings, which when I got checked at Castle Combe was pretty much spot on for me, but I'm around 195lb which is the same weight pretty much as he is. That's a good starting point if you are similar weight, just watch his video's on Youtube (although in general I wouldn't recommend him, his video's on the F3 are good).

17. Do you have a copy of the settings please?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Paul’s my go to guy, as you’ll know. Just a shame he’s now so far away!

19. May be worth checking compatibility. I picked up 1299 ttx cartridge kit and some R1 ohlins springs which are same but got them stupid cheap as they were be cleared out from crescent end of year

Do Not Sell My Personal Information